Friday, April 1, 2022

March Placemats

 March was a very productive month for my placemat project.  I finished a total of 19!

For those who are not familiar with this project - at the end of the year all of these will go to my local Meals on Wheels to be handed out with one of the holiday meals.






I finished up the last of the brown mats I started in February.  Five I framed in a dark brown binding and five I framed in a lighter brown.




I don't have a lot of small yellow scraps, so I was only able to finish up four in yellow - the March RSC color.




I also finished a couple of placemats made from some orphan blocks and leftovers.




These last three were made from scraps I just made when cutting some projects I haven't even shared with you yet!  Rather than toss them in the scrap bin, I decided just to sew them together into a mat.





I now have a stack of 73 placemats that are ready to be donated.  
The stack comes up to about my mid-calf.

I have already sorted out my pink scraps for April.

I will share those placemats later this month!




10 comments:

Quilting Nan said...

What a great idea to donate the placemat's to Meal's on Wheel's! Quilter's are so very kind. What is the finished size of your placemat's?

Kathy S. said...

What a beautiful place and cause for scraps to land. Nicely done.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

It's so much fun to watch the stack grow. Hooray for using up the yellow scraps and I love that you are so committed that you keep making other placemats this month as well.

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

What a wonderful use of scraps and a terrific charitable sewing project. Your mats are all so fun. The colors work well together and I'm sure they will be well loved and washed often.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's an amazing pile of placemats, and a great use for scraps! Those are going to be well-loved!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice work, Cynthia!! Incredible productivity on your placemat project.

Anonymous said...

Amazing! I know they will bring some cheer to the recipients.

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Love all your scrappy placemats and I'm sure they will brighten someone's day. That stack is amazing.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

WOW!!! That is amazing!!
Thy are all so unique and so beautiful!!
And that stack..... shew!!!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

What a great idea to use the RSC color of the month as the inspiration of meals on wheels placemats. Blown away by the stack you have created already this year.

01 09 10