Back in December of last year, I put together 10 goals for my blog in 2015. Knowing it is always easier to write up goals than achieve them, I thought I would take a look and make sure I am still on track in accomplishing them.
1. Lots of readers were in support of continuing the Scrap-A-Palooza series. This month I started the 16th quilt (Woo Hoo!) and I still have ideas for many more. You can check out the Scrap-A-Palooza quilt gallery any time you need some inspiration. I would be over the moon if you share any quilts you make so I can feature them here!
2. I announced the new Oh Scrap! link up. It happens every Sunday and each week I am continually inspired by the scrappy projects that are linked up. Thanks to everyone for your support!
3. While I am still trying to sew up some older fabric stash, already this year I have started 8 projects using fresh new fabrics. About half of those are finished but some I am still working on. My favorite so far? Definitely the Layers of Charm quilt made with a Mimosa layercake.
4. More Tutorials on my blog - Hmmm...I can certainly get a bit better at this. I do most of my sewing at night so those in-process pictures are always a bit challenging. I have however been sharing links to tutorials by others as part of the Oh Scrap! link up and I continue to share my process as I sew up each Scrap-A-Palooza quilt.
5. Improving my photography - this one still needs a lot of work! I have made some progress. I did download and watch the first chapter of the Shoot It! photography class from Craftsy. I think I am going to learn a lot if I can just find a block of time to watch the videos. I have also bought some foam board to make some of these design boards. Having a nice background for photographs I think will help immensely too.
6. I did start work on my bucket list quilts. I finished my Pineapple quilt back in April and now I am working on my Park Bench Quilt. So definitely making progress there!
7. I am happy to say I have made some progress on getting some more patterns published. Letters of Love was published in the Jan/Feb issue of Quilty magazine and I have two more magazine publications coming out later this year. I have also released two more patterns for purchase - Life is a Highway and All That Jazz. I will be sharing some quilts later this week made using my patterns but here is a sneak preview of one made using Life is a Highway. I am currently working on another one but that lack of time issue seems to get in the way of getting it done!
8. This year I have made and donated 7 quilts to charities so far. Five that went to a domestic violence shelter and two that will be distributed to kids in crisis. But I am proudest of a recent Orphan Adoption Event I hosted here on my blog. There were 12 partially completed projects linked up that will soon be finding a new home where many are going to be completed for various charities.
So many angels out there!
I am happy to announce the Orphan Adoption will become a regular event with the next one happening some time this fall. After that, it will become a biannual event, occurring in the spring and fall. More specific information will be shared soon. So be sure you are following along so you don't miss it!
9. My goal for more giveaways and sponsors is progressing well. So far this year, I have hosted 4 giveaways. Two of those giveaways were sponsored - the sponsors were Fat Quarter Shop and Benartex Fabrics. I am hoping to host another one soon so stay tuned!
10. My final goal was to spend more time on all the various social media platforms. Honestly, I do pretty well for a bit then run short on time and get out of the habit of posting. I really enjoy sharing on my blog so I spend most of my time here but with so many folks also following me on Craftsy, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Google +, I need to keep appearances on those platforms too. Definitely still an area I can improve upon!
All in all, I am feeling pretty good about where I am at on my goals with half a year still to go.
Life is good!