Sunday, September 29, 2019

Oh Scrap! : Something New

Like so many other quilters, I constantly have quilt ideas swirling around in my head.  Some are a hint of an idea, others are quilts I just need to get started on.  For some time, I have been wanting to make a small size of my Spin! quilt - making just the center spin with a simple pieced border.

I finally found the inspiration to get me started!


I have been thinking what colors to make this quilt.  I knew I wanted it to be scrappy but that still leaves a lot of options.  Recently I came across this cute stripe in orange pink and yellow.  A quick calculation and I knew I could use this as the center for my blocks.



Then it was just a matter of pulling strips out of my scrap bins that coordinated with the center square.




 I think I now have all of the blocks done and I just need to finalize the layout.  Then I will need to cut some scraps for the border.  These colors are so happy and bright!


Maybe while I have these scrap bins out, I might cut the pieces for a bowtie quilt I have been wanting to make in the same colors.  I already used one my Exploding Bowtie coloring page to mark the color placement and get a block count.  I have been moving this sheet around my cutting table for months!

There are just too many quilts that need making!


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 
Quilting is more fun than Housework
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter


12 comments:

Chantal said...

I can so relate. Too many quilts need making at my place too. I love the layout for your new bow-tie project. Enjoy! ;^)

gayle said...

Oooo! Love the colors of your new project! (You knew you had me at orange, right?)
And yeah - that list of 'Quilts I Gotta Make' just keeps getting longer and longer, so I hear ya!

Jayne said...

What fun would it be if we were able to make all the quilts we wanted to or had swirling in our brains?!! There certainly is never a dull moment is there?! Can't wait to see where this latest project is going!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I agree with Jayne! I hope the day never comes when I run out of ideas for quilts to make! You're always a big inspiration in that way, and your new starts are no exception. That stripe is a fun inspiration fabric!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh Lovin those logs!!! BEAUTIFUL colors - and so bright and happy!!!

Cathy said...

You deserve some new starts...good for you!

Angie in SoCal said...

Love those orange blocks! You picked a great quilt to make.

Kate said...

Fun new projects! Love the color palette, it's like sewing with a sunset on the design wall.

KaHolly said...

Looks grand! Lately, all my quilts are made from scraps.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

What a bright, sunny quilt this will make!

Bonnie said...

OH MY! I love the exploding bowties. I just bought dies for the block for my Accuquilt Go. Their's have half square triangles on both the bowtie and the background. Seems like extra work to me. Love the colors of your new Spin. It reminds me of the Southwest for some reason. I bet it is going to be fabulous.

Louise said...

Love those bright happy colors! You're so right about having so many quilt ideas and not quite enough time :)

01 09 10