Sunday, January 17, 2021

Oh Scrap! : The Blocks Keep Coming

 I finally finished all of my pink RSC blocks for the month of January.  With seven projects going, it takes a bit to get them all sewn.




I have the five Full Stop QAL blocks finished.  I haven't put the sashing between the blocks because I am not quite sure how I will put all these blocks together.  This way my options are kept open..




I also finished up all of my QRT blocks.  They finish up at 4 x 8".




This project is carried over from last year so I have quite a few of them finished.  I put a large potion of them up on the design wall.  I still have more done but I ran out of room.  I think I only need orange, green and blue to finish this one.  I might just work ahead if I find myself with some extra time and finish this one up.




And I almost forgot about my curved log cabin project.  I found it stashed away on a table so I added 4 more tiny 6" blocks.  This is another project I might just have to get out and finish up early.


I have also started a new project with some brown (what?) scraps and came up with a final plan for using a bunch of the pinwheels that I have been making from bonus triangles.  

I will be sharing those blocks soon!


PSA - There have been a huge amount of no-reply comments again.  I don't think I am the only blogger that is seeing an increase.  If I am not replying to your comments, you might want to check your profile and make make sure you have your comments email turned on.  Thanks!


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter


19 comments:

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Love your circular log cabin block(s)!!

Ivani said...

Oh Chynthia I love your pink curved log cabin, Can you figured out why?
Great triangles also.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Lovely pink blocks ;)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Lots of fun things in pink going on at your house! I love the HRT blocks. When you say they are 4 x 8, do you mean each HRT? Have a great Sunday, Cyndy!

Marti said...

Your RSC blocks look like fun with the cheerful colors. Why is the log cabin block called a curved block? I really like the pink log cabins and may have to try that the next time I need a baby quilt.

I get a lot of no reply comments too, and when I click on the name, it takes me to a blogger profile with no website listed so I can't even reply on their blog. I have noticed a few changes on my blog lately and think it must have happened when blogger changed everything this summer, so maybe that's it with the no reply comments too.

LA Paylor said...

the qrt blocks are great together!!! like your circle of logs too

Julierose said...

Very pretty hashtags--I wonder which punctuation sign will be next up?

Your circular log cabins are beautiful hugs, Julierose stay safe

The Joyful Quilter said...

Sweet progress in PINK for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, Cynthia!!

Turid said...

So many beautiful projects. I love your triangle blocks.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I just love all the projects you have shown today. Keep going!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

I too like your circular log cabin. Some day, I would like to make some of those blocks!

Friday, I made two RSC pink blocks. Yesterday, I stitched pink strings into rectangles to become hearts. I think by the end of tomorrow, I'll have a few pink blocks to share in the RSC after all. Thank you for your encouragement to participate. I love seeing your blocks. Although the heart strings will probably end up as a table runner and not as a block to make in the monthly color for the year.

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Great blocks to work on,,the curved Log Cabin
is awesome...have a great day!

Libby in TN said...

Looking forward to what you do with the pinwheels as I have a bag full of cutoff HSTs I want to use some way.

Bonnie said...

Oooh I really like your circular log cabin. Great job. Did I read you are doing seven projects? Wow.

Cathy said...

Only seven projects for RSC?? ;-)
Those QRTs are looking mighty fine. I guess I didn't realize the size of them until now.
And how could you forget that luscious log cabin?

dq said...

Oh do I love those QRT blocks! The scrappy look ad those polkadots - yep - love them!

Susie H said...

Beautiful pink blocks! It's only the middle of January ... you can't be done with pink yet! Lol! I know brown is not usually a popular color but it happens to be one of my favorites. Have fun playing with the lovely leftover bonus triangles!

Susan said...

So many pretties!

Celine said...

You've got lots of beautiful projects here, well done!

01 09 10