Sunday, July 7, 2019

Oh Scrap! : Pink Scraps


The pink scraps are coming out in July!




I had already started pulling some pink scraps for my improv garden quilt.  This time I paired the various shades of pink with some emerald green scraps.

I am really worried this quilt will not turn out as I envision but I am determined to follow it to see where it leads me!




I also whipped up some of my 2.5" color blocks in pink. 
My pink scraps are still a bit depleted so I just used what I had. 



I tucked the blocks in with all of the ones I have finished to date.
My plan is a 5 x 6 setting in a rainbow of colors.
Very simple quilt but I think it is going to be a lot of fun!


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 
Quilting is more fun than Housework
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter


Linking Up:



15 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your flower blocks are fun in pink! I love those color blocks, too, and I've been making some myself. Each new color is a fun challenge to see if I can get the gradation the way I want it. I'll have to share them sometime soon. Enjoy your Sunday, Cyndy!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Great pink blocks! Your flowers are lovely in this color too

The Joyful Quilter said...

I'm not sure what you're going for with the IMPROV Flowers, but I'm pretty sure you will come up with something that can easily be called My Garden Is A Riot of Color. Sounds good to me! Even IF it doesn't turn out QUITE like you envisioned.

Cathy said...

Are those flowers going into that garden quilt with all those other flower and veggie blocks you previously made or are the flowers a separate quilt all their own?

And those 25 patch blocks are going to make a nice colorful scrappy quilt. There's nothing better than that!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

so many get started on the new color immediately and I'm still trying to clear out some things so I can get started and haven't even looked in my pink box to see what I have!

Jayne said...

Pink! My favorite color! Your flowers are so good and beautiful. I don't know where this is going, but it's going to be amazing!

Mystic Quilter said...

More luscious colour for the eyes here and another stunner of a quilt under way.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Your 2.5 inch blocks is really cool! I like how the colors just merge into another!

KaHolly said...

Very, very nice! No matter how your flower quilt turns out, it’s going to be gorgeous! I'm almost ready to share a scrap finish.

Pamela Arbour said...

Oh, your scraps are turning out beautiful! (as always)

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Love your color blocks idea!!! The pink roses are beautiful.

Louise said...

I love those flower blocks :)

Denise said...

Such a pretty scrap quilt.

Kate said...

Love the roses and your colorful squares. Since I don't have a girly, girly, there's never much pink in my stash either.

Susie H said...

I am really loving your roses and I have no doubt they will add to a beautiful quilt. The 2.5" color blocks are really neat too. Love how they look all together, very Monet?

01 09 10