Sunday, May 16, 2021

Oh Scrap! : A Little of Everything

 The Spring weather has been absolutely lovely here in Oregon so I haven't been in my sewing room very much.  When I do go in there, I find myself not very focused on anything specific.




With all of my red RSC blocks completed for May, I went back and sewed a couple blocks in blue that I didn't get completed in April.  I think I want to make two more blocks in some different shades.




And I completed another log cabin block in blue to go with the green one I completed last month.  These take FOREVER to cut and sew.  The whole block measures 6" when finished.  The logs are cut at 1" and 3/4" wide.  I still need one or two more - for sure one in purple!




I was cleaning off my cutting table and uncovered these blocks that I think I made about a year ago.  How could I forget about them!




I felt an instant need to make more.  My Kaffe Fassett scraps were closest to my fingertips so I made four more blocks.  Looks like I have two basket quilts going now.


Now I need to head back outside and dig in the gardens.  I don't need any more temptations to start another new quilt :)


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 



Did you know that Connecting Threads now has beautiful cotton thread kits?

You can find them on sale right now.  Maybe it is time to stock up!



17 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

All of your blocks are fun to see, but the baskets really caught my attention! I have a basket quilt on my "want to make" list, too. They are perfect for scraps! Glad you're getting time in your gardens - I finally planted yesterday. Have a great Sunday, Cyndy!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Blue blocks, forgotten blocks, in RED, and a new start?! SEW many good things happen when you spend time in your studio!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sometimes it is hard to divide time between inside and outside when the weather is nice!

Jayne said...

When the weather starts warming up it's hard to stay inside! After a long winter it's a very welcome change. Love your basket blocks and especially love when you randomly uncover a project from months/year ago! Sweet surprises!

Ivani said...

Enjoy your time outside, but wait...there are beautiful new blocks that have been made. Love the baskets blocks and the log cabins, I am doing my blocks bigger and loving them so much. Have a wonderful week, Chyntia.

gayle said...

You can never have too many baskets!

Susie H said...

Love the various blocks especially the log cabins and the baskets. Sure to make beautiful quilts.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I'm with Diann, those basket blocks are little beauties. I'm making a few log cabin blocks now and like you say they are time consuming; I had no idea.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Such a lovely assortment of blocks in the prettiest of colors, Cynthia. The baskets are just darling. Spring weather has drawn me to the outdoors as well, bu that is all good and well. Have a lovely week and thank you for hosting the link party.

Sherrie said...

Hi,
You always have the cutest blocks, I
really like the basket blocks.
Have a great day!

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Super cute blocks and I especially love your new Kaffe basket blocks. Enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

Bonnie said...

OMG -- I don't think I remember that the circle log cabins were only 6". Good grief girl -- it will take a gazillion to make a quilt. (Ok, maybe 60 depending on what size finished piece you want.) I can't imagine working with that small of a strip. Believe me, I've tried and failed! Yours look wonderful.

Astrid said...

How could you forget about those pretty basket blocks?! :) Love the other blocks too. Yard work here too when the weather is nice, never know when it's going to rain.

Linda said...

Your basket blocks are beautiful.

Julierose said...

I love your colorblock squares...really neat way to use scraps...
hugs, Julierose

Anonymous said...

i love all of these blocks! You baskets with Kaffe Fassett scraps really pop!

Michelle
https://mybijoulifeonline.com

Rebecca Grace said...

I love your log cabin blocks, Cynthia. They remind me of LEGO sculptures (but maybe that's my nostalgia talking, as my "baby" who used to play with LEGOs is about to head off to college in a few months)!

01 09 10