Sunday, May 9, 2021

Oh Scrap! : Playing with the Red Scraps

 First, I want to wish all the moms out there a Happy Mother's Day!




I was finally able to get out my red scraps and work a bit on my Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilts.  First up were some Two Bit blocks (the pattern is one of my Scrap Mixology modules).



I am challenging myself to get a bit bold with the low volume prints I am using in my blocks.
We will see how it looks when it is all finished!


                              


I also finished some red Well Suited blocks.





And then turned the bonus triangles from the flying geese into these pinwheel blocks.




At the end of the year, I should end up with two rainbow quilts from this Scrap Mixology design.




My RSC design wall is growing more and more colorful!

Time for you to share what you are working on!


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter





AccuQuilt has some great special offers going on now.  For the May Fabric Cutter Mania ($125 off GO!) use code: 125CUT or to get 50% off Studio Dies and Die Bundles use code: 50STUDIO


.

15 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You have multiple rainbows up on your design wall! I love how they are all looking, especially the churn dash blocks. The different backgrounds make the blocks so interesting! Have a great Sunday, Cyndy!

Jayne said...

Seeing all your quilts on your wall makes me really miss my old sewing room! I love all the new red blocks, but adore the Well Suited block a lot!

Ivani said...

Lot of inspiring blocks, and beautiful collections for gorgeous quilts to be made.
Happy Mother's Day Cynthia!

The Joyful Quilter said...

I am loving your RSC projects, Cynthia. The new RED additions provide a fun spark to your growing quilts!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Your design wall is so beautiful! The red additions are truly wonderful! I like where your low volume challenge is taking you!

LA Paylor said...

are those hole in the barn door blocks? plus log cabin strips? What a great combination!! I love how they look together

Bonnie said...

It's always fun to see what you've been working on. I think my favorite today just might be the pinwheel blocks. Have a fun quilty week.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Your design wall is filled with quilty goodness. Thank you for hosting the link party and happy quilting.

dq said...

I love low volume prints. They will look fantastic!

Susan said...

Love the variety of scrap blocks you have on your design wall!

QuiltGranma said...

LOVE the size of your design wall! I can only dream!

Rochelle aka Bella Quilts said...

Beautiful bouquet of blocks. How big are the churn dash blocks in the first set of blocks?

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I always love seeing what's on your design wall! the Two Bit Blocks in Low volume - those are so awesome!!

Preeti said...

I have grown to love low-volume fabrics more than just white or white on white. It is like the quilt reveals itself to me in new ways as I get closer :-) Love your churn-dash/log cabin hybrid blocks, Cynthia.

Mystic Quilter said...

Great blocks on the design wall - I really must bring out my scrap bins and my Mixology pattern and get busy!

01 09 10