Sunday, September 19, 2021

Oh Scrap! : Still Making Progress

 This last week I continued to work on finishing blocks for a few of my scrappy projects.



Look what I found!  I knew I had made four of these Chaser blocks last week.  I found this missing one in a wrong stack of blocks.




I finished five more of my Well Suited blocks.  I think I now have just two more blocks to complete and I can start sewing the quilt top together.  I have to admit, I am getting pretty bored of this project so I am super happy to winding it up soon.




I also used some of my bonus triangle pinwheels to make a couple more pinwheel blocks.




I think I will aim for a 5 x 6 block layout on this quilt.  So I have 11 more blocks to complete.  I have a small stack of pinwheels next to my sewing machine to turn into blocks so I should have a final count by the end of next week. 



The next stack of blocks I need to sew are these color blocks.  I have two more orange blocks to sew this month and then I need to put them up on the design wall to see what other colors I need.  I am hoping to complete this quilt top some time in October.

So it has been another busy week of working on scrappy blocks.  

I look forward to lots of finishes soon!


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

9 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW glad you found your missing ORANGE block (and played with more scraps, too!!)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You've had lots of fun things going on in your sewing room this week! I know how you feel about making blocks and after awhile getting bored with them, though. That's how I end up with UFOs! Have a great Sunday!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Always love to see your wonderful blocks! You have lots of great orange fabrics...I have very few of that colour. I seem more drawn to reds and blues for some reason.

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Beautiful blocks your working on...really
like the orange on...have a great day!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Cynthia, good luck with all of your blocks - yes, sometimes it seems that we make blocks long past the time that it's still fun! I really like your orange colour block at the bottom. Yum :-) Have a great week.

Bonnie said...

How nice to come to an end of making blocks and moving on to the quilt. Hope you get to start on your quilt by the end of the week. Unfortunately, piecing blocks is what I love best about quilting. Have a quilty week.

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

I always enjoy seeing all the different blocks you work on. Maybe one of these days I'll get back to blogging.

Susie H said...

What was lost has now been found! That is always a wonderful moment! You've got some fun blocks going. Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

I like that first block in this post. Will you have a pattern for it?
Kathleen - kakingsbury at verizon dot net

01 09 10