Sunday, November 14, 2021

Oh Scrap! : A Goal for December

 I am still working away on a number of scrap quilts I started making in 2021.




I made a few more of these Two Bit blocks in purple.  This was a Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilt I started about mid year and have missed making blocks a couple of months.

I had the pieces for one of these already cut.  I found it recently when straightening up.




I also cut and sewed this one.  Once it was finished, I really didn't like the gray I used.  I am a bit afraid it is going to stand out a bit too much.




Here are all the blocks I have completed to date.  I am planning a 5 x 6 block layout so that means I need to finish 11 more blocks.  I pulled out some orange scraps to add next.  My hope is to finish this quilt by the end of the year.

(...as suspected, I don't really like the grayish block. But maybe I can hide it in a corner - Don't worry, I won't give up on it yet!)


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter




Accuquilt Dynamic Promo

12 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Your blocks, layouts and fabric choices so inspire me to keep plugging along with scraps. Maybe you need to add a couple blocks with a softer gray tone? I do like the option of hiding it in a corner!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Scrappy blocks always seem to include a block that doesn't quite fit in at first, but your thoughts about that one might change when it's mixed in with all the others! I agree on some more orange. Have a great Sunday, Cyndy!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Looking good, Cynthia!

Mari said...

The gray block doesn't look bad, I don't think. The bright churn dashes grab all the attention, so anything that seems to stand out will blend right in when it's all together. Have fun with it!

Chantal said...

It looks fine. If you don't stare at it, it will blend in with the others once all the blocks are present. Just enjoy the challenge. ;^)

Susan said...

You're collection of two bit blocks is coming along nicely. Didn't even notice the grey - it blends in with the rest of the background.

Bonnie said...

If you think the grey will stick out it might make sense to either make a replacement or put a lighter grey on. Oh, and I like the idea of making more with the grey -- then it wouldn't actually stick out at all and you wouldn't have to redo or change it out. Brilliant idea. The blocks together are looking good.

R's Rue said...

So beautiful.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

This one is YELLING at me!! I love it!! Of course -Churndashs are my favorite but what an awesome way to set them!

Barb N said...

If you can pull off your magic and make that block work, you have my full admiration! The challenge is on!

JanineMarie said...

I like your blocks. Whenever I put in a color or fabric that doesn’t quite work for me, I make sure I use it in at least two other blocks so it becomes an element of the quilt and keeps the eye moving. Just a thought…

Jeanna said...

I've never seen the Two Bit Block pattern before but I love it!

01 09 10