Sunday, July 21, 2024

Oh Scrap! : Assembly Begins

I spent most of the week assembling quilt tops and sewing backings for flimsies for Many Hands and Many Hearts.  Now I have a nice queue built up to go on a longarm.


 

Really the only scrap quilting I did this week was to start to sew the blocks together on my scrappy HST quilt.  So far I just have the bottom two rows completed.  Hopefully next week I will be able to complete the top.



I have had a new distraction this weekend.  Meet Estelle.  Arthur and I went to meet her Friday and Saturday she came to our house for an extended sleep over.  So far things are going good but they both love to wrestle so separation happens often right now!


I hope they become the best of friends!


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
 Follow Me on Bloglovin'                 Follow Me on Feedly


7 comments:

Chantal said...

With a sweet face like that, no wonder she came home with you. Bonding takes time. As soon as he understands that she's the boss, everything will be fine, lol. ;^)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

What kind of dogs are Arthur and Estelle? They look like they are related! Estelle looks like a sweetie - such cute ears! I love the look of your scrappy HST project - off to a good start. Have a wonderful Sunday, Cyndy!

Kate said...

How can you not love that face and oh those ears! Hope they make great friends. That you have any time for your own scrappy project is pretty amazing considering how productive you've been with the donation quilts.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

I'm looking forward to seeing this quilt finish, it's such a genius idea! Thanks for Oh Scrap every week.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Hello Estelle! I hope that she's a fantastic addition to the pack!!

Holly in Indiana said...

I think they need more to eat!!!!!

Bonnie said...

Love the beginning of the scrappy HST quilt. It's going to be great. I love how you get to use up some smaller strips.

01 09 10