Friday, August 22, 2014

Quilty Flashback Friday

 I have been following Elizabeth's blog Don't Call Me Betsy for many years.  Recently, she has been sharing some of her older quilty archives in a linky party called Quilty Flashback Friday.  I had some time today to dig in the closet and see what my oldest quilt was that I still had in my possession.  
I had completely forgotten about this one!



 This big queen size quilt hasn't seen daylight in years!  I think I made it in about 2002.  It has the really fat batting in it and I tacked stitch the entire thing.


Throughout my quilting journey, I have always loved color.  I don't think I made this with the best quality of fabric but I might have to get it out of the closet and use it this fall.


Here is a shot of the back.


I kinda laughed at the REALLY badly done binding.   
It is good to know I have improved a bit over the years.

Quilty Flashback Friday photo QFF_zps4df0cd76.gif

Linking up:  
 

4 comments:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Great colors in this quilt. It is fun to go back and see where we have made big improvements. I think I'll go poke around and see if there is an old project that inspires me to talk about today, too! :)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is fun!

Paula@TheSassyQuilter said...

I love these colors! Isn't it fun looking back:) Your binding looks fabulous compared to some of my early days, haha. I could get an entire toe stuck in my whip stitches:)

Sarah Goer Quilts said...

Thanks for sharing. I really like the bright colors.

01 09 10