Sunday, November 26, 2023

Oh Scrap! : RSC Finish

 This week I decided to take a break from quilting Happy Block quilts and loaded my RSC quilt onto my longarm.  It has been patiently waiting in my studio for a couple of months now.


There are actually three different blocks in this quilt - all are 12".  First there are a rainbow of heart blocks I made.  As I was making heart blocks, I also mad a monochromatic 36 patch block.  The last blocks in this quilt are the chain blocks.  I was sent those as an orphan block from Elana.  I think they worked perfectly in this quilt.  They were all super enjoyable to play with.



On the back is a happy print with ballons.  Nann sent this bright fabric for a Compassion Quilt - which is what this quilt was made for.  It was kind of fun to play with these three colorful blocks for a change.

I have started a new RSC project, and I am hoping to have another set of blocks completed for it next week.  I seem to be going my own path on its completion.  I might have it finished soon so I can start fresh with a new project in January!


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

Follow Me on Bloglovin'                 Follow Me on Feedly



13 comments:

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Wonderful RSC finish, Cynthia!!! So colorful! And the balloons on the back add to the festivities!!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's such a gorgeous quilt! And what a perfect way to use the orphan blocks that formed the chain, too. You're inspiring me to try making hearts like yours- I just love them! Have a great Sunday, Cyndy!

Chantal said...

I love this quilt. It looks like it was planned like this all along. Great job! ;^)

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

The orphan chain blocks fit in perfectly with the quilt. It's bright and happy; a beautiful finish. :)

MissPat said...

I really like the way you combined the different blocks. And a perfect use for those orphan blocks you received.
Pat

Nann said...

The chain adds such interest to this lively quilt! I shared the post with Paula, who gave me the clown fabric.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That one is so cool!!! You are the master of scraps and color!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nicely done, Cynthia!

karenbbsnow said...

Wonderful finish!!!

Kate said...

That RSC quilt is gorgeous! Love all those saturated colors and the blocks work together so well.

maggie fellow said...

congrats on a wonderful rsc finish

Kat Scribner said...

What a great way to combine your RSC blocks, Cynthia !!

Rebecca Grace said...

This turned out beautifully, Cynthia! Congrats and Happy Thanksgiving!

01 09 10