Friday, February 23, 2024

Log Cabin Finish #9 and More

The donation quilt pipeline is full of a big variety of quilts.  
I just post them as I finish them!



I do try to put the quilts made from our current block drive to the top of the pile.  This pretty purple one is quilt #9.  I didn't have a lot of purple blocks with all white, so I used what I had and added a wide purple border.  I have had this purple fabric in my stash for a long time.



On the back is this amazing purple speckled white print that Cindy sent in.  I wish it was in my stash!  (Actually, I wish it came in flooring for my bathroom.)

I think this might be the last of the big purple backing pieces I have stashed.  I received a LOT of purple blocks. I still have quite few more purple blocks with scrappier backgrounds so I might have to get creative for the backs. Or make some multicolored quilts - that is another option.

This quilt measures about 56" square.




Check out Happy Quilt #61.  This quilt is a birdwatcher's delight!  
There were some really pretty bird blocks that were sent in.



And how about this backing!  I think this one came from Dorothy and I fell in love with it as soon as I took it out of the box.

This quilt measures 56" x 64".



This pretty pink quilt is another top that was rescued from an estate sale.  I didn't have to rework this one at all - just give it a good pressing.



This burgundy flannel back came from the same sale and I like to believe they were always meant to be together.  Thanks so much Deana for finding these!

This quilt measures 60 x 72".

The current log cabin block drive is winding down so if you have blocks to send in, please get them in the mail soon.  I would love to get these blocks all made into quilts before the next blocks start arriving. 

The next block drive will be announced next week.

As always, a huge thanks to all who donate their time, blocks, fabrics, thread, quilts and financial support.  I also appreciate all of you who cheer from the sidelines!

 So many hands and hearts go into making these quilts happen!


8 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

These finishes are all fabulous. The backings look like they were picked for the blocks and were "manufactured" all together! I like that purple speckled fabric too but, that bird backing. . .ooo lala!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Love these - that Purple LC is amazing!!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Just beautiful collection of quilts! They will make some people real happy and cozy.

Astrid said...

Absolutely gorgeous quilts, so pretty!

Vicki W said...

Three more winners!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Such pretty quilts for your Compassion Quilt program, Cynthia!!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I love that the pipeline is in good motion and enjoy getting to see the finishes as they come through. I look forward to learning what the next block will be!

Kate said...

Love the purple and white log cabin quilt. It's my favorite out of this set. That bird backing is really cute too. Three people are going to be really happy with those quilts.

01 09 10