Sunday, January 1, 2023

Oh Scrap! : 2023 RSC Blocks

 Happy New Year Everyone!



My little Helper Arthur and I wanted to wish all of you the very best in 2023.

I always love New Years - by the time the end of December rolls around, I am done with the previous year and I look forward to a fresh start!



I see Angela has announced January's RSC color for 2023 but I already did my test blocks in red.  I am going to make heart blocks and 36 patch blocks.  Why 36?  So they are the same size - I might just combine the two blocks in one quilt.  I purposely chose these blocks because they use 2.5" blocks.

With everything else I have planned, I didn't want to make my RSC blocks a burden every month.  
Which is a new concept for me :)

What are your scrappy goals for the new year?


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter


17 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those would be pretty together! I like the way the 36 patch block moves from lightest to darkest. Happy New Year, Cyndy!

Kate said...

Love your plan for your RSC project for 2023. I'm going to revisit my 2017 RSC project and hopefully at least get all the blocks made for it this year. Happy scrappy stitching in 2023.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Arthur is so cute in his onesie! Love the heart blocks, they'll be great in any color.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

I love your RSC idea, Cynthia!

Barb N said...

I am joining in on the RSC this year! And I am going to work on your Scrappy Flying Geese pattern! Maybe some other blocks, too, as 2023 is My Year Of Reducing My Scraps!

Vicki in MN said...

Your statement that you didn't want the burden of RSC blocks for the month, that is exactly why I quit doing it. I just want to play with whatever floats my boat!! I like your new blocks.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh I Like those blocks - combined I bet the design will be amazing!

LA Paylor said...

love your red blocks and the idea of them. Using up the squares in this way will be fun seeing all the fabrics plus limit the stress. I am in love with your little snoopervisor's and his pjs are adorable
I need to spend some time today planning a center for the upcoming SAHRR
happy new year of creating! LeeAnna

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Love your red blocks and what a cool idea to possibly combine the two blocks into one project!

Momma Bear said...

You have a lovely "house hippo"! combining oh scrap and the rsc is brilliant!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

I always look forward to a fresh start as well. Your Heart block is adorable. Happy New Year.

Bonnie said...

Good plan on less blocks each month. I'm still trying to decide what block I'm using... although I'm thinking of string blocks of some sort. Looks like your helper has really made himself at home.

Quilter Kathy said...

I adore Arthur's monkey pyjamas!
Great ideas for your 2023 RSC project!

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOL!! Arthur's pj's are SEW adorable!!! Is he sleeping enough to let you get some work done? Here's hoping you two do a TON of quilting done this year!

Carol Andrews said...

Arthur is just the cutest! Love your blocks for this year. 😉

Preeti said...

Wishing a happy new year to Arthur and you!!!

Bernie Kringel said...

Your helper is adorable!

01 09 10