Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Gifts of Compassion

 I am still working away on quilting up some of the gifted quilt tops for Compassion Quilts.

Today's quilts are both very bright and happy ones!



This first one was a kit Karen donated.  All I had to do was quilt it up - she sent the top and the backing.  The binding I used came from Holly.  I have always wanted to make one of these scrappy Crayon quilts.



Looks like an extra crayon went onto the back!

I think this one measures about 36 x 45".  It was the last quilt to make it into the last trunkload to the hospital and I forgot to measure it.



T his lovely kit came from Sue.  She sent me the top and the binding.    I always love bright colors set in a dark blue background.


I couldn't find the right backing in my stash so I went to a friend's house and found the perfect striped piece.  She was generous enough to donate it.  it wasn't quite big enough but I had a leftover purple print that looked great with it.

This one measures 44 x 56".


I still have more Color Stix Compassion Quilts to share this Friday so i hope you come back and check those out.





5 comments:

Kate said...

Both quilts are beautiful. Someone is really going to enjoy those.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Lovely quilts!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Do you have a tally of the total number of Compassion quilts you have donated for the year? I bet it's an impressive quantity at this point. These two are bright and delightful, just as you promised.

piecefulwendy said...

The quilts are so fun in their bright colors, I'm sure they will comfort the recipients. Now I'm wondering if our local hospital has something like this.

Vicki W said...

I have made and quilted several of the Chandelier quilts. It's a great pattern for donation quilts. The crayon quilt is so cute. I had not seen that pattern before.

01 09 10