Friday, August 4, 2023

Color Stix Quilts #11 and #12

 Yay!  It is Friday!

And that means I have a few more Compassion Quilts to share.



For quilt #11 of this block drive, I have been putting all the lighter-colored blocks aside because I knew I had a light-colored backing.  This one is just a rainbow of color.

It measures 63 x 72".


Karen donated this backing - it was one of her "christmas" fabrics but I don't think it reads as strictly holiday so I was able to use it.  I think it looks great on the back of this brightly colored quilt.

The blue binding was prepared and donated by Sue.  It is so nice to have these all done for me!



For the twelfth quilt I used some orphan blocks I was gifted.  I did have to frame them in a soft yellow to make them work but I love how this quilt turned out!

This quilt measures 54 x 63".



Nann sent me this great sunflower print and I was able to add a bit of orange to make it big enough.    I also tried to use a bunch of floral blocks on the front.

A green binding made by Gail and it is ready for delivery.

If you have blocks for this drive to send, if you could get them in the mail, I would really appreciate it.  At the end of this month, I will be announcing the next block, so I really want to wind this block drive down.

Thanks so much to everyone for their contributions!




5 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Great cheerful quilts! Those blocks look great together. Smart use of orphan blocks.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

20 quilts is such an impressive quantity, and it sounds like you are still going strong on this drive!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

These are all so fun!!! I really think the colors will cheer peoples spirits

Vicki W said...

Your productivity with these quilts is amazing! I hope you are taking some time for yourself too.

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

Another wonderful use of an orphan block. This quilt is perfect with the colors you chose and it's got some movement to it with those scrappy circles. I really am learning so much watching you put everything together. I've been out of town so I"m catching up on your postings. How fun for me that I'm getting a quilt show from you!! Well done and gosh you did get a lot of blocks on this one!!

01 09 10