Friday, October 27, 2023

Three More Happy Block Finishes

 Happy Friday!

I have been a busy girl this week finishing up a big sack of Compassion Quilts.  I have THREE Happy Quilts to share.



This first one is another one made from butterfly, moth and dragonfly blocks.  I also had an orphan block with a butterfly, so I added it right to the center of the quilt.  I like to find a home for all the bits that I save.  Plus, it gives this quilt a unique layout.


On the back is a pretty fabric that has lovely birds and butterflies.  I made this quilt top the same day I received the backing fabric from Kathy.

Quilt #14 measures 48" square.


Quilt #15 is also a new layout for these Happy Blocks.  This quilt is all about frogs and toads.  I had a bunch of green blocks and I really wanted some turquoise added in.  So I went to my stash and found a turquoise solid to sash all the blocks with.


This fun backing that Nancy sent is what inspired me to add the turquoise.  it is such a fun and playful print.

This quilt measures 49" x 59".


Dinosaurs and more dinosaurs are found on quilt #16. So many of you have some adorable novelty prints out there.  One of my local elves actually sewed this top for me.



I had my choice of a couple of dinosaur backings for this quilt but I decided to go with the pink/blue print that Sharon sent.

This quilt measures 48" x 56".

A huge thanks to my dog waking friend who held up all these quilts for me.  She told me to edit out the boots but I think they look kinda cute!

I expect to see a big stack of quilts delivered by a binding elf soon.  There should be lots more quilts to share next week.


Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!




8 comments:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I love how well you are able to group the blocks into themes; the frog quilts speaks to me especially!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

These are so great. I like how you group them and they all seem to come together!! Nice boots haha!

Libby in TN said...

I made a batch of blocks for you, but I decided to give them to a new teen quilter in our Devo group to put together. We will be working on our encouragement quilts next month.

Carolyn said...

Good job on all of these!

Karin said...

Very cute…love the dinosaur backing!

Kate said...

Very fun quilts. I'm glad you've been able to make quilts around themes, those will be so fun for the kids.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Super cute quilts, Cynthia!!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Amazing hw your were able to build three quilts around three similar themes. The backs are just az impressive. Super cute quilts!

01 09 10