Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Small Quilts

 I have been pushing a number of baby quilts through the pipeline to increase the number of quilts we are able to donate to Bags of Love.  I will be delivering 25 quilts tomorrow.



This first quilt top was made by Penny.  She has been cleaning out her flannel stash and making a bunch of strip quilts.  This type of quilts uses up a lot of those width of fabric leftovers.  She also sent the backing and the binding.

This quilt measures about 40 x 42".

(The young lady behind the post is Lecretia.  She has also been helping out a lot lately.)





Penny also sent in this flannel top, backing and binding.

This quilt measures abut 40 x 52".





I thought I shared all of these little quilt tops that Chris made.  But here is one more.  She is also cleaning out her stash  and making a bunch of these small patchwork quilts.  The orange backing came from Suzanne.  And after I quilted it, Chris took it back and sewed on the binding.

This quilt is about 40" square.





Elana made this lovely quilt top.  All those bright scraps against the black background look amazing.  I backed this quilt with another piece of soft corduroy I had. 

This quilt measures about 40" x 52".





One more Happy Quilt made it across the finish line.  This one is all about Flamingos.  I didn't have that many flamingo blocks but I did have lots of the pink and yellow print that I used as alternate blocks and then again on the back.  A big thanks to Nancy for sending it.  

This was out 94th Happy Block quilt!





2 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What an impressive number of quilts to be taking to Bags of Love! These will be loved and snuggled under because they are just right!!

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

You did my scrappy quilt top proud! I love how it looks with the bright blue backing. Thank you for sharing it and giving it to some worthy person in need. The other small quilts are great as well. I wrote a blog post today of another top that is coming your way. XOXO

01 09 10