Sunday, September 22, 2024

Oh Scrap! : Some New Volunteers

I have been lazy over the last 6 month and have been tossing all of my scraps in a pile in the corner.  Now I have a mess to contend with.  I did spend a bit of time this week working through that pile and getting them into their color bins.  As I sorted, I kept out any large pieces that I was able to cut a 4.5" square out of.  I did get those large scraps all cut and stacked in a project box.

But what is the project going to be?



Once a month, a few young girls in the neighborhood are going to come to my house and work on charity quilts.  It will give them something to do in the winter months and it will help me work through some of these scraps.

I thought they could take the 4.5" squares and make 9 patches with them.  The first few quilts we make will be monochromatic blocks with a black center.  This little block will give them a basic knowledge of all the steps - from sorting scraps to putting together a quilt top.  I think it is going to be a lot of fun.  Because they are making their own quilts, it won't disrupt the pipeline I already have going for the other designs.  There are also going to be some moms and some other non-quilting adults that will help supervise.

I think it is going to be a lot of fun!



*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

  Follow Me on Bloglovin'                 Follow Me on Feedly





Connecting Threads is having a finishing sale!



No comments:

01 09 10