Friday, September 20, 2024

Some Lovely Finishes

I would guess that about half of the quilts that we donate are made from quilt tops or blocks that are sent in by others.  Here are a few that we finished this week.



I think this quilt is so amazing.  The beautifully made blocks were sent in by Marci.  Penny sewed them all together for me and Kelly quilted it up for me.  Marci sent in many more blocks so you will be seeing more of these quilts in the future.  These blocks are 10.5" unfinished.


On the back, I used a blue, green and tan homespun that Lynnette sent in.  I thought it was perfect for this very scrappy finish.

This quilt measures 60 x 70".



Nancy sent in this fun quilt top.  These bright colors are perfect for kids.


She also sent in this bright yellow flannel for the backing.  It really shows off Cindy's lovely quilting.
Nancy also included some additional fabric in the package, so I was able to bind it with the fun multi-colored binding - which was sewn on by Chris.  I am so appreciative of all the helpers that assist in putting these quilts together.

This quilt measures 34" x 42".


This amazing string top was sent in by Karen.  This one made the rounds too.  Terry quilted it and Sherry bound it.  I just sewed on the label.



On the back is this Tina Givens black rose on a pink background print.  It was donated by Dorothy.  I have been waiting for the perfect quilt to use this on.

This quilt measures about 60 x 70".


The next three quilts came completely finished.  All I had to do was sew on our label and get them delivered.




Cheryl sent in this adorable quilt.



I love the diagonal quilting she did on this quilt.



Cheryl also sent in this quilt.  It is so much fun to look at.  I have not seen this fabric collection, but it is all about blue jeans.


She stitched some horizontal lines on this one.

This one measures about 42 x 52.



This flannel rag quilt was made by Penny.  She was making some for gifts and decided to make one for Many Hands and Many Hearts.  It is super soft and cuddly!



Again, all I had to do was sew on a label!

This quilt measures 63 x 81".  Poor short Janet had to really stretch to hold this one up!

 We really do appreciate all of these quilts, quilt tops, blocks, and other bits that are donated.  It helps to add variety to our block drive quilts.  Big deliveries are going out next week!


Happy Stitching!



No comments:

01 09 10