I cannot believe it is almost March!
With the smell of spring in the air, I find myself doing a bit of organizing in my sewing room. Project boxes are stacked, fabric is refolded and stashed, and all my orphan blocks are collected up and put in my little suitcase....
My little suitcase seems to be over flowing!
If you are doing a bit of spring cleaning yourself and find you come across a project you just don't want to finish, a pile of orphan blocks that need to go to a new home, or some supplies you are tired of looking at, consider putting it up for adoption!
I am pleased to announce that I will be holding the Quilty Orphan Adoption event again in March.
I would love any and all help getting the word out. Feel free to grab the button off the right blog margin if you like.
Quilty Orphan Adoption Event
Starts March 18, 2016
I will be hosting a linky party starting Friday March 18th (and closing on Sunday March 20th) where you are welcome to link up your own blog post sharing a project you wish to abandon or orphan blocks you wish to pass on. You can offer as little or as much as you want. It can be blocks, patterns, kits, fabric, quilt top - anything that you hope someone else will use and you wish to alleviate the burden.
Here are some details:
1. I am going to ask that any "orphan" linked up must be given away for free. (If you are wanting to destash for money, there are other venues to do that on.) I think it is fair that if you need to, you can ask that shipping costs be paid. Just be sure and put that information clearly in your post. And know that both parties enter into the deal at their own risk. I hold no responsibility.
2. Have clear pictures and descriptions on what you are putting up for adoption.
3. Define the criteria for how you will decide who will adopt the item. Is it a random number giveaway, do you only want it to go to charity, or is there some other criteria that needs to be met?
4. Be sure and identify where you are located and where you are willing to ship to.
5. Define how long you are keeping the adoption open and when you expect to award the adoption.
Last Fall, there were over a dozen WIPs that found new homes. Many were adopted by quilters who were finsihing them for various charities. If you are curious what was linked up last time, here is a link even though all the adoptions are closed.
Thanks again to all the quilters that participated in the past. If you adopted a project, I would love it if you shared a photo!
Now it is time to link up and share what scrappy projects you have worked on this week. Here are the details for linking up:
- This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
- You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
- If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
- If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
- This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
- Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!
So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps. And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!