Sunday, May 26, 2024

Oh Scrap! : More Purple

First - sorry I did not get a Friday finish post published. I had some finished quilts to share but it was a long week and I decided to take a break and put my feet up.

 I did, however, make a bit more progress on my scrap quilt this week.



I finished another eight lovely purple HST blocks.  I am finding really enjoy making these 6” beauties.



I added the blocks to the design wall and it looks like I am going to need a lot more. This quilt is actually going to be quite big.  I just hope I have enough purple scraps in the shades I need.  I will also need to make a few more blocks to fill in the corners - I think I will make them orange.

I was really hoping to get this top done soon but it looks like it is going to be hanging around a lot longer than I expected. I am anxious to see how it looks all finished!

What fun scrappy projects have you been working on?


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
  Follow Me on Bloglovin'                 Follow Me on Feedly

8 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Those purple scraps were a great add to your scrappy project and orange for the corners will be terrific! I'm glad you put your feet up. We can read about your finishes on another day! I am quilting some churn dash blocks. . .next month I might have a finish to report! Enjoy your long weekend!

Chantal said...

Of course, you can put your feet up!! I don't know how you have run for so long, with so many projects, without putting your feet up. You don't even have to be sorry for it. You've earned that break 10 times over.
I like where you are going with this scrap quilt. Enjoy! ;^)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

So glad you took some time off on Friday to relax and take it easy! These blocks are coming together - I really love the look of your design. Orange seems like the perfect choice for the outer corners. Have a great Sunday, Cyndy!

Kate said...

Getting a post ready is no small effort. Glad you were able to put your feet up and just enjoy your Friday. The HST quilt is looking good, hopefully it will go together quicker from here on out.

LA Paylor said...

this is so dramatic and stunning with all the patterns in the chosen colors
LeeAnna

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Lovely purple blocks, your quilt is coming along! Thank goodness there's no grumpy boss pushing us to get our quilts done by impossible deadlines. We all need time to kick back and smell the roses. Time off makes us happier quilters!

Carol Andrews said...

Love the way your latest quilt is coming together. Hope you have enough purple to do what you want. Good to hear you took a bit of a break and put your feet up!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Love what's coming together on your design wall, Cynthia and SEW glad to hear that you opted for a nice little rest!

01 09 10