Friday, May 10, 2024

Churn Dash Quilts #6 thru #8

I don't know why this block drive seems to be taking its time to get going.  I have lots of blocks but other things seem to continually get in the way.



Quilt #6 is this lovely sashed layout of just large 12" blocks.  There wasn't enough of the red sashing material to sash around the outside.  I still like how it turned out.
I think all of these blocks and the red sashing material all came from Nann.

This quilt measures 54 x 68".



When the front blocks don't have a lot of patriotic fabrics in them, I like to add a patriotic backing.



On this one, I put the blocks in rows and added a middle section of some orphan blocks I received.  To make the flag blocks show up better, I used a print as the background.



Karen sent in this amazing big blue starred fabric.  It wasn't quite wide enough so I added in a red.

This quilt measures 48 x 68".




I sored out a stack of blocks that had a lot of turquoise shades in them. 
 I think this one screams summertime!

I also added in some small churn dash blocks for a bit of fun.


A few of the blocks on the front have light houses in their centers so I thought this lighthouse fabric would be perfect on the back.  To make it big enough I added in some red and some watermelon fabric.

This quilt measures 60 x 72".

If you still have some Churn Dash blocks to send in, please do it soon.  It is almost time to announce the next block drive.  I hope to make the sample blocks this weekend.  I will give you a hint - we will be working with autumn colors.


Everyone have a wonderful weekend!



6 comments:

Kate said...

I really like the teal "themed" quilt, that's my favorite out of very fun set of quilts.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What a fun summertime churn dash quilt. The patriotic quilts are mighty fine too!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

The turquoise churndash really does feel very summery. I love how you incorporated the flags, too.

Nann said...

That pop of turquoise is terrific!

Holly in Indiana said...

I love the secondary designs that pop up on these quilts.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Be still my heart! Patriotic Churn Dashes!

01 09 10