Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Donated Quilt Tops

So much scrappy goodness in today’s two quilts.



Another lovely string quilt from Karen. I really like these blocks started with a black triangle. It is fun to see all the happy scraps she put into this quilt.


Karen also supplied this black and white print for the backing.

This quilt measures about 55 x 65”.



This second quilt was made by Denise. She sure made those orphan blocks look amazing.



Nancy sent in this gorgeous backing fabric. I think I have even more so you will see it on another quilt.

This quilt measures 48 x 74”.

I am working hard on trying to get to all the quilt tops that were donated. Right now the quilting process is my bottleneck so I am working on looking for more local quilters.  I appreciate all your patience as I try to catch up.

Hope you are having a great week!

 

5 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Love the string quilt! I like the triangle start! Yes, Denise did an amazing job with those orphan blocks!

Kate said...

Both quilts are bright and fun. Lots of fun ideas for playing with scraps (which I don't need right now because I'm supposed to finishing what I've already started).

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's a great string quilt - I love the triangle idea! I might have to try that at some point. Fingers crossed that you find some more quilters. I could send you a top or two! :)

Holly in Indiana said...

That triangle is unique. That may be another I have to do. Such nice colors and the other one is so pretty. Love this blog.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Scrap quilts are my favorite and these are lovely!!

01 09 10