Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Donated Tops now Quilts

Now that I have some help from some local longarm quilters, I am finally completing some of the quilt tops that were donated.


This amazing sampler was donated by Joni quite some time ago.  I did quilt this one - I wanted to see up close all the fun blocks she made. I think Joni makes a block from fabrics leftover from each quilt she makes - and then turns those into a quilt like this one.  I identified blocks that had fabrics from other tops she sent.


For the backing, I picked out this lovely floral sent in by Jean.

This quilt is about 75" square.


Janet was riding her bike past my house and I made her stop to take some of these photos.  This sweet quilt sent in by Becky is made from all polka dot prints.

Local quilter Cindy did the quilting - she did a lovely freehand loop and heart design.



The polka dot fabric on the back was sent in by Karyn.  It couldn't be any more perfect!

This quilt is about 40" square.



This one is fit for a princess!  This quilt top traveled a bit - Judy sent it to Kat but Kat thought it was more appropriate for Many Hands and Many Hearts so it came my way.  

Local longarmer Laura quilted it up for me.  She quilted it with some big flowers.



Judy also sent in this pieced backing.  Someone is going to love this pink and purple quilt!

This one measures about 55 x 70".



I love this pretty fall colored quilt (sorry, the tag got lost with the donors name).  The colors are so rich.

This one was also quilted by Laura.


The same day I received the quilt top, I opened up a package from Suzanne to find this lovely green backing.

This quilt measures 48" x 60".



And finally, check out this amazing big star sent in by Joni.  Poor Janet could barely hold it up.  
As you can see, it is quilt large - almost 80"square - so I have been keeping my eye out for the perfect backing.


I finally decided to just use a teal grunge out of my stash and some purple sent in by Karen.
I decided to quilt this one myself.

Not a bad showing!  It is nice to see these sent in quilt tops finally getting finished.  I appreciate the patience of those sending them in and the assistance from my local quilters helping to get them across the finish line.

I have more to share on Friday so we will see you then!

5 comments:

Vicki W said...

That's a great showing and I love that sampler!

Astrid said...

Absolutely gorgeous quilts! Love the first one and what a great idea using up scraps from other projects.

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

WOW! Such a variety of quilts you've shown us this time. I'm still out of town and writing on my mom's account, but had to just check in. Each time I see these quilts I want to run to my scraps and get busy. They are all wonderful donations that will certainly be warm and welcome by grieving families.

Kate said...

Some beautiful finishes. You have a talented group of quilters working with you. Hope these all find good homes soon.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful quilts. . .that sampler is spectacular!

01 09 10