Sunday, May 19, 2024

Oh Scrap! : Purple

Somehow, I was able to get out my purple scraps this week and make these 8 scrappy blocks.



 I put them up on the wall with the rest of the blocks and discovered I need twenty more!  I guess I just keep chipping away at them until I finish the quilt.

Wishing everyone a Scrappy Sunday!


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

     Follow Me on Bloglovin'                 Follow Me on Feedly

7 comments:

Kat Scribner said...

Your strippy hst will make a gorgeous quilt. Looking frward to the reveal.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Every little bit counts when you're a busy quilter! I like how you're making these blocks with scrappy strips. Have a great Sunday, Cyndy!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Those purple scrappy HSTs look great together and will be terrific in your reveal. Only twenty blocks left. . .I hope Arthur lets you play. . it's raining today so the walk might be able to be a bit shorter!

LA Paylor said...

at first glance I thought you'd found a purple that had a lot of depth, no you made the purple with all the shades!
LeeAnna

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Pretty purple scraps! What's that song, Inch by Inch, Row by Row...? It works for gardens and quilts!

Bonnie said...

Those string purples must be making a nice dent in your purple stash. I need to do something with my strings, said every quilter everywhere! It's fun to have an ongoing block project. I bet you continue to make these blocks for the next week or two and then move on to the next creative challenge.

Kate said...

I'm finding that scrappy quilts just have to grow slowly sometimes. But you've got a great start on the project.

01 09 10