Wednesday, June 5, 2024

I have so much Gratitude

Many of the quilts that Many Hands and Many Hearts donate to various organizations are not made from the quarterly block drives. We also rely on tops or finished quilts that are gifted by quilters from all over.  It is always nice to see them arrive on my porch - either by post or by person.

Today I have three quilt tops that were sent by post.



This first quilt top was made by Elana.  I sent it off to local quilter Cindy and she quilted it with some fun loops and hearts.



Isn't this backing adorable!

This quilt measures about 42" x 54".



Karen sent in this super fun school themed quilt.  I think she made it from bits and bobs cut out from panels and scraps.  I love it!



Karen also sent in this backing.  I love to see all those pieces come together and make such a great quilt.
A big thanks to Chris for sewing on the binding.

I would guess this quilt measures about 40 x 50".



And finally, Mina made this great RWB quilt top.  She actually made four quilt tops - this is just the first one to get finished.  Some of the others are off to other longarm quilters or waiting for me to find the perfect backing.



I added this blue paisley wide backing fabric that Nancy sent in. 

This quilt is about 63 x 72".  Short little Janet had to really stretch to hold it up.

With shipping costs so high, I understand that sending a completed quilt can be too costly.  Just remember, you can send your tops unquilted and I am happy to get them finished and donated!

Thanks so much - I hope to share more finished quilts on Friday!



6 comments:

Kate said...

Very fun quilts! The red, white and blue one is my favorite. You do such good work at getting those tops finished and out to where they are needed.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What amazing finishes. . .AGAIN! Seeing the pattern for the RWB one made me remember that I was going to cut some blocks out of my flannel scraps. . .forgot all about that thought. I may need to revisit that thought!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

It's awesome to see the generosity in all that you coordinate here. Beautiful quilts!

Nann said...

That elongated nine patch block is great!! Thanks again for all your work to get quilts to people who can use them.

Mina said...

Wow, these look great!

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

I just love how my String quilt came out. The quilting and the backing make it practically sing!! I adore those rainbow especially!! Thank you Cindy for quilting it up so beautifully!! I am so happy that you will take quilt tops because that's what I can handle right now. I don't own a long arm and there's no way I can quilt everything I make on my own. So thank you for accepting donations from us and getting them done. I really can't imagine the work you do for all these quilts to be made and sent along to hospitals. I also love Mina's RWB top. Simple, scrappy and so effective with the swirly quilting lines. It really takes a village and I love seeing the results!! I hope my package may arrive today. I am already working on something else for you. Stress sewing is my therapy right now and luckily, I can put it all to good use!

01 09 10