Sunday, June 9, 2024

Oh Scrap! : Strings

Making all of these donation quilts, I end up with a lot of scraps.  I try to use them up as often as I can.  For the RWB block drive, I like to turn those scraps into string blocks.




I made these six 10.5" squares this week.




I have also received a few blocks in the mail.  I love how the blocks look so different and represent each person's scraps.  Once I get more completed, I will see what designs I can create with the blocks I have.  If need be, I will just make more blocks and adjust the colors I use in my blocks....

I certainly have enough scraps!


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

   Follow Me on Bloglovin'                 Follow Me on Feedly


9 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

I like the interest the blocks with the bright blue adds to the RWB string blocks. The patterns one can make with string blocks are endless. Each combination is lovely. I like where you are going with these strings!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Red white and blue strings are a great use of scraps! Should make a nice summer quilt.

Vicki in MN said...

Love your red string blocks, are you using paper or a muslin to sew them to?

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love string blocks! Something about them is just so appealing. What kind of foundation do you sew yours onto? It will be fun to see how you use these. Have a great Sunday, Cyndy!

LA Paylor said...

I've never seen such a striking R,W, & B quilt, good job you!
LeeAnna

Bonnie said...

You are using really narrower string. I think they look great with all the colors. Keep plugging away. Maybe you'll run through all the reds and blues. (We are always making white so I doubt the white will run out!)

Kate said...

Very fun, scrappy string blocks. Those teal strips really lighten up the red, white and blue, it's a fun addition to the base colors for something different.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Beautiful patriotic looking strings, Cynthia!

Nann said...

All the strings work well together, don't they?!!

01 09 10