Sunday, June 16, 2024

Oh Scrap! : Scrappy HSTs



Hurray!  I finished up the last 12 scrappy purple blocks I needed for my scrap quilt.  These blocks measure 6.5" square.  Next, I need to make 12 orange blocks to finish up the quilt top.  It will be nice to get this one off of my design wall.



Boy, I sure must have whined a lot about having to make bindings.  When I got my packages this weekend, the first box I opened had all these lovely, prepared bindings from Jen.



Then I opened the next box and found these scrappy bindings from Anne.




The third package I opened contained all of these.  Thanks, Stephanie, for the little smiley face.  I was certainly feeling quite giddy at this point!

My dog Arthur always "helps" me open packages because he loves to smell all the contents.  But these packages had us dancing around the living room!

(He really doesn't care about bindings but he sure loved all my excitement.)

Thanks so much!




I am starting to sew tops from the current Many Hands and Many Hearts block drive.  There is still plenty of time to join in if you want.  You can read more about it in this post.


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

   Follow Me on Bloglovin'                 Follow Me on Feedly


12 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Now you really have a binding library! That's wonderful! What length of bindings do you typically use? Have a great Sunday, Cyndy!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

those were fun packages to get I bet

Nann said...

Wow, what a load of bindings!
Hopefully the box I sent you will arrive tomorrow.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Wow, a binding bonanza! Such a nice surprise for you and Arthur. I'm sure you'll find a good use for every piece. Blest be the hands that bind!

LA Paylor said...

my poodle cole used to view packages as if they came from santa. Dogs from EasyRider weimeraners totally tear up boxes!
I'm sure Arthur is feeling your energy and celebrating with you

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

How awesome was the mail this week! All those bindings ready for quilts. Perhaps, you will have a little time to play in your scraps???

Chantal said...

Quilters are such generous people. I'm sure these ladies are just happy to give you a hand with the bindings. YOU do so much for the community that they were paid forward.
You have a great collection of colours in those bindings too. Hopefully, you won't need to make some for a long time. Enjoy! ;^)

JanineMarie said...

What a wonderful variety of colors and patterns. Such thoughtful gifts!

Jenny said...

Ask and you shall receive, such a lot of wonderful bindings from your friends.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

That's awesome that so many prepared bindings were sent your way!!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Cynthia, how wonderful to get all of that binding love! Have a great week!

Kat Scribner said...

Good Golly, Cynthia. Lots of bindings for you. How fun!

01 09 10