Thursday, June 27, 2024

Pam's Quilts

Pam has been one of my longarm clients for about 15 years.  I think she was close to a beginner quilter when I started working with her.  I felt so much gratitude when she stopped by and brought me three quilt tops for Many Hands and Many Hearts.



She has a number of granddaughters who are wild for Tula.  So she has a lot of Tula scraps.  She made this fun card trick quilts.



Here is the back she also suppled.  She is set on using up as much of her fabric as she can.

This quilt measures about 48 x 60".


More Tula scraps are in this fun quilt.  It actually measures 48" square but it has the illusion of being rectangular.  I had to measure it like 3 times.

Local longarm quilter Cindy finished this one up for me.



More Tula fabric for the back.



If I were to guess, this is something she started at least 10 years ago.  It is not what she would be making now.  I think this was a UFO that she just made an orphan block quilt from to donate.



A pretty blue fabric for the back.  I think this one measures about 40 x 48".



Pam didn't make this quilt top - I did.  But I wanted to get it photographed and processed so I can get it put away.  Kat had sent me a bunch of 4.5" squares that were all from black/white prints.  I had a big bag of solid scraps that were gifted to me by a friend, so I just cut a bunch of those little 1.5" sticks.

Then I just staggered the rows.



A yellow and black print for the back along with a colorful black dot fabric.

This quilt is a nice 60 x 72".


I have a few more finishes to share so there should be another post publishing soon.  The finishes are really coming at a nice fast speed now!




5 comments:

Kate said...

Pam's quilts turned out really fun. Even her orphan block quilt worked out really well. Your scrappy quilt is really fun too. Very fun pops of color with the black and white. Four people are going to get some wonderful quilts to snuggle with.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Pam's card trick quilt is awesome as are the remaining tops she sent. I'm with her on using up as much fabric from my stash as possible for backing! I love what you made with Kat's 4.5 inch black and white squares!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Oh, that square quilt had the illusion of being rectangular. It's delightful to see the finishes rolling in consistently now. :)

Kat said...

Love what you did with the black and white scraps! What a fun quilt

Vicki W said...

Oh, those are all so nice!

01 09 10