Friday, June 14, 2024

Pretty Scrap Quilts

I have been working really hard to work thru the queue of quilt tops I have waiting to be quilted.  I was so happy to be delivering 6 out to local longarm quilters over this week.

But I will soon need to redirect and start putting together the Two Step blocks that are starting to arrive.  I think I already have enough blocks for two or three quilts!


This lovely quilt top was made by Jean.  I think the pattern is called Stunning Stars.
I finished quilting it just in time to make this week's delivery to the hospital.


I had fun quilting it.  I just alternated circle and square quilting in the patchwork squares.  The quilting really shows up beautifully on the pretty blue backing.

This quilt measures 56 x 64".



My friend Penny made this fun quilt.  She recently made a couple children's quilts and combined the scraps and leftovers to make this quilt.  I love how it turned out!


This bright yellow fabric on the back will make anyone smile.

This quilt measures about 48 x 54.



This quilt top was made by Linda and her mom Margie.  The pattern is called "It's a Charm."  I am assuming this one was made with charm squares but I think it would make a great scrap quilt.



A local quilter Linda quilted this one up - it was her first "real" quilt off her longarm.  She did a lovely job on it.  It is covered with lovely butterflies.

Scraps, leftovers - they all make lovely quilts!

If you want to bust some of your scraps and make a quilt top for Many Hands and Many Hearts, I would gladly supply the backing, get it quilted up and donate it so it can bring comfort.

Thanks and have a great weekend!







 

7 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you make and finish so many it is amazing!

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

OH I just love that quilting of alternating circles and squares. It's so fun and makes the colorful quilt even more interesting. Thanks for sharing all the goodies!! Each quilt is so different and wonderful. I am not a big one for sampler quilts but you've made me think...hmmm, could be a lot of fun to make one.

Nann said...

Great quilts! And I really like the square/circle quilting design. Gotta remember that....

Kat said...

Keeping up with the tops is a real challenge! I recently shipped a bunch of hours to a business called Sundance quilting. Their prices are very reasonable and they will give you a 15% charity discount if you email them.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I can tell you had fun quilting the top quilt in the post!! :)

Mystic Quilter said...

Congratulations on your mammoth quilting mission!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

I loved Linda's quilting of her first "real" quilt off of her longarm! I hope there will be many more finishes in her lifetime!

01 09 10