Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Churn Dash Finish #1

 Let's get this party started!

I am finally ready to start sharing the Churn Dash Compassion quilts using the blocks donated by so many of you.




This first quilt wasn't the first top I put together but it is the first one I finished and photographed.

All of the Churn Dash blocks came from Libby.  (She actually talks about making them on her blog here and here.)   I love the little mini churn in the center of some of them.

When the blocks arrived in the mail, they were still in order and all I had to do was sew them up.  I didn't want a square quilt, so I used some of the donated 4 patches to make a border on the top and bottom.  I just used the 2.5" dark star strip to give a bit of separation.

I love it!

The quilt measures 48 x 64 so I didn't want to use one of the bigger backings on it.  I decided to piece it with some smaller cuts.  Most of these patriotic backing were donated by Nann.  In fact, she is pretty much sponsoring the backings on all the Churn Dash quilts.

(Thanks again Nann!)

I am hoping for a nice day tomorrow so I can get a few more quilts photographed.

The pipeline is filled and moving along quite nicely.  I hope to be sharing lots of finished quilts soon.





Linking Up:

11 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Sent you a package yesterday, hope you can use them.

Libby in TN said...

Love what you did with my blocks! Thanks for the shout-out.

Vicki in MN said...

The setting really plays tricks on my eyes, one way I see the churns and then next I see square in a square and only the churns with the mini's inside, great job!

Kate said...

I had to really look hard for the Churn Dash blocks, it's a fun setting. Looking forward to seeing the next variations.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Oh, look at that! That is a really pretty design, and love the 4 patches used as borders. I have some blocks to send you, too, although not as many as Libby, but a small contribution at least! Can you remind me of your address? Thanks, Cyndy!

Michelle at https://mybijoulifeonline.com said...

Wonderful quilt! The nested churn dash blocks are amazing.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

The double churn dash blocks make a really nice feature and that's fabulous that Nann provided so much fabric to help this group of donations get finished. A real community effort!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

LOOOVE it!! the double churn dash is SO cool!!!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Love your setting because depending on how you look, you see different things. . .square in a square, churn dashes. Those mini churn dash blocks are the bomb!!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Fabulous teamwork, Cynthia!!

Susan said...

What sweethearts are helping you. This is a lovely quilt, and a great size for wrapping around shoulders.

01 09 10