Sunday, April 16, 2023

Oh Scrap! : Purple

 This week I spent most of my time digging through my purple scrap bin.




I found a couple purple striped fabric strips that I turned into some 16 patch blocks.



I added them to the rest of the completed blocks on my design wall.  I think I have reached the halfway point on these blocks.  I am in no hurry to finish these - I just make blocks as I find fabric in my scrap bins.  Eventually it will just become one of my Compassion quilts.




I also cut and sewed up a bunch of switchplate blocks.  I added those to the stack of purple blocks I made last year.




My little helper must have been inspecting my work and noticed I repeated one of the prints. He quickly destroyed one of them so it couldn't be used.  Someone has to keep an eye on me!

I did cut a bunch of 2.5" squares so I can finish a couple heart blocks hopefully next week.  It feels good to actually work on the RSC color in the month it was announced!

What have you been working on?

*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

Follow Me on Bloglovin'                 Follow Me on Feedly


15 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

16 patch blocks are so easy to make into compassion quilts. Happy stitching!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

I enjoy seeing your purple fabrics and blocks! I'm in the midst of working on my purple blocks for April now.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your 16 patch blocks are fun with so many different striped fabrics! I loved the churn dash quilts in the previous post, too. Nann sent you some beautiful blocks and border fabric. Artie is a discerning quilter's helper - he knew just the block that was unneeded! Have a great Sunday!

Chantal said...

Oh no! Not a destroyed block! Your quilt inspector takes his job very seriously. Enjoy the purple sewing. ;^)

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Perfect purple progress! Wow, your helper is strict and efficient. My helper just lays on the blocks or knocks them on the floor. He's just not properly motivated, I guess.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

so many purple pretties

Kate said...

Lots of pretty purples! Your little helper is really strict. Hopefully he approves your heart blocks this week.

Michelle at https://mybijoulifeonline.com said...

Your purple blocks are moving along nicely! Ha! Gotta love those little helpers.

Preeti said...

Pretty purples and precocious little helper :-D

LA Paylor said...

oh, he destroyed a block to "help" you... good boy! And a quilt maker's dog for sure
LeeAnna

Ivani said...

Pretty purple blocks, Cynthia. Your little helper knows exactly what to do LOL

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Very Cool Purples!!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice job on working through some PURPLE scraps, Cynthia! I've been working on mine, as well. By the end of the month, my scrap basket MIGHT even look as if I've removed some of the fabric bits in it!

Rebecca Grace said...

Cynthia, you just have the BEST scraps, or maybe you are just really good at pulling ordinary scraps all together and making them look fabulous. I'm glad my dog doesn't try to "help" with my quilting because he could do a lot more damage than just one little corner of a block. A previous dog we have who was nicknamed my husband's "girlfriend" (she was definitely HIS dog and merely tolerated my presence!) had to be kept out of my sewing room because she would steal a cone of thread and chew it up. Not eating it, mind you, just destroying it into a mass of broken, tangled thread wrapped around a chewed up plastic cone so it had to be thrown away!

Carol Andrews said...

Cynthia all of your projects are coming along beautifully. I love purple.

01 09 10