Friday, March 8, 2024

It’s a Log (Cabin) Jam

 While I wait for some of the new block drive packages to arrive, I have been working on finishing up the quilts from the log cabin drive.

I have lots to share today!



There were a lot of purple blocks donated.  For this quilt I used the purple and white blocks only.  I always have lots of fun playing with different layouts.

This is the 10th log cabin quilt made from the block drive.



I don't have a lot of purple blocks left - which is a good thing because this purple backing might be the last one I have.

This quilt measures 55" x 66".



I decided to move on to some blue blocks for quilt #11.



I have had this water lily fabric for over a year and I was so happy to find it a home.  
This is a really lovely fabric and it was the perfect size!

This quilt is also 55" x 66".



Quilt number 12 is my favorite log cabin quilt so far!  I received a bunch of lovely teal/blue blocks, so I wanted to put them all together in one quilt.  There were four blocks that were pretty much identical, so I put them in the center.  I then added that lovely inner border.  I originally tried to layout the blocs in some half circles around the edge but decided I really liked them just all going one way.  I didn't want another square quilt so I added more of the border print on just the top and the bottom.



Kathie sent me the perfect backing for this one.  I loved this fabric the moment I laid eyes on it.  I really enjoyed hand sewing the binding on this quilt.  I gave it lots of pets!

Speaking of the bindings - Deana asked me if I could use 4 yards of a millennium fabric.  It is a sparkly blue with "2000" printed on it.  I didn't want to use it for a backing or on a quilt top so I cut it all up into 2.5" strips and I have been using it for binding.  Very few people have even notified what it is.  
Every once in a while, I have a clever idea!

I think we should end up with somewhere between 15 and 20 log cabin quilts.  I know some blocks are still on their way.  Then I will get to move onto our next block drive.


Here are the blocks we are making.  If you want to read more about them, you can read this post.  I appreciate all the blocks I can get!







7 comments:

Kate said...

Hard to pick a favorite from this post. All of them turned out beautifully.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

15 to 20 quilts is a great number, and hopefully not as overwhelming as all the Happy blocks you are still working through. And I suspect you received a lot of purple because you mentioned how much you like purple. :)

Vicki W said...

I love all 3 quilts!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Log Jam was the perfect description! Gosh, that purple one sure reminded me of my grandmother. When she turned 70 she decided she was an old lady and now could wear as much purple as she liked. . .purple coat, purple pants. . .well, you get the picture. It was back in the day of polyester and quilted coat fabrics. She made all of her clothes and the shades in that purple log cabin sure brought back fond memories!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Such beautiful additions to the Compassion Quilt collection!! What special gifts these will be, Cynthia.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Pretty log cabin quilts! I love the purple one ;)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Super fun layouts - and amazing quilts!!!

01 09 10