Sunday, March 10, 2024

Oh Scrap! : From Leftovers

 Sometimes quilts happen very quickly!



I was actually doing a bit of clean up in the stash and came across a number of autumn-colored big scraps.  Most of them were trimmings from backing.  It was easy to see the quilt hidden in them.

I quickly sketched out a block and got to cutting all those scraps up.  
In no time at all I had a finished quilt top.


I was gifted this great angel backing fabric.  The colors are perfect!

I have a new elf to help with quilting.  Laura just got a longarm and is using some of these quilts to practice on.  Her machine is computerized and getting used to the programing takes a lot of time. She did a wonderful job on this quilt - she put in some loops and lovely leaves to go with the fall theme.

I am so grateful for all the help I am getting on these quilts!

This quilt measures 54" x 63".

Do you sometimes see a quilt in a pile of scraps?


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

                                 Follow Me on Bloglovin'                 Follow Me on Feedly


11 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I often see quilts in piles of scraps but there just isn't time to make them all! Cute quilt, a good practice quilting quilt. Happy stitching!

Kate said...

That one came together quickly. Love how you saw the hidden quilt, very cool approach.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's a great block to feature those pretty fall colors and prints! I love the turquoise in it. I'm so happy to hear you've got another long-armer who'll help out - you've been making an amazing amount of quilts! Have a great Sunday, Cyndy!

Julierose said...

Wonderful quilt you saw in your pile of scraps!! Such a great feeling when that vision all comes together so well as yours has, isn't it? Great job
Hugs, Julierose

Chantal said...

Great job! Simple blocks can make a great quilt and this is one of them. I see some fussy cutting was used to showcase lovely prints. Very well done! I love it when you talk about your process. So interesting to know how others work. I see quilts in scraps all. The. Time. Probably the first reason why I can't give away my scraps is because I see the potential in them. Congrats to Laura for joining the team! ;^)

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Oh to have your talent for seeing a quilt hidden in the scraps! This is such a clever block as it gives lots of movement to the quilt depending on how it is placed. . . reminds me of falling leaves in fall! While I like the fall colors, I'm really looking forward to Spring!!!!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Nice quilt! I love fall colors. You did well, spotting that quilt hidden in the scraps! I have a hard time deciding what the scraps are trying to tell me. Too many possibilities, too little time.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I love the colours in this quilt! Definitely autumn jewel kind of tones.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Oh yes, those scraps were definitely asking to be made into a quilt. Hooray for Laura, another elf to help get these quilts finished!

Annmarie said...

That is amazing & wonderful. What a great use of scraps!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Dang, Cynthia! I got sidetracked and didn't link up this week's ProjectQUILTING entry. :o((
Congrats on your Quilting Fairy AND a great "leftover" quilt!!

01 09 10