Sunday, April 21, 2024

Oh Scrap! : Progress


Thanks for all your suggestions last week on how I should move forward on my scrappy HST quilt.



 I decided to make some orange blocks for the center and then purple blocks in the outer corners.

This week I was able to get the four orange blocks completed along with the six red blocks needed to finish the diamond. I have my blue scraps sorted so I hope to finish the ten blocks I need this week.

Before I know it, I am going to have a finished quilt top! 
Thanks for helping me move this project forward.



*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

                            Follow Me on Bloglovin'                 Follow Me on Feedly

7 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I really think that design would be fun in any and every color! I love scrappy Quilts like that - and I love the grays for the background. Have a great Sunday, Cyndy!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I love this colour combination and the way this is taking shape, Cynthia.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is going to be cool!! love the color choices!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

The orange is a great add and the purple will be too! See I knew once I saw the next color I would love it!!!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Ooh, I love the orange in the center! Good call on it and the purple.

Kate said...

Large HST blocks make such cool quilts. You picked some fun colors for your scrappy project.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Love, love, LOVE the Barn Raising setting for those blocks! Whether centered or off-center, it always looks great.

01 09 10