Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Another Happy Post

 I am still busy pumping out more Happy Block quilts.

I am still matching up the blocks to pieces of flannel or fleece that have been gifted.



I received a lot of frog blocks.  I think this is the third frog quilt I have made.  I decided to do a staggered layout for this 41st quilt.



I had another leftover piece of this heavy polar fleece so I just fit the block layout to the size of the fleece.  This quilt measures 40" x 52".



Bugs and butterflies were another popular block to send.  For quilt #42, I decided to add in all sorts of different types of bugs.


Again, I was limited on the size of the quilt because the flannel backing I wanted to use was not very big.  This quilt measures 36" x 40".



This little quilt was also inspired by the backing (both in size and theme). I knew I had a bunch of farm and John Deere tractor blocks so when this camouflage John Deere flannel showed up, I got right to work sewing up quilt #43.




I don't usually add borders, but I wanted to make this one as large as I could.  
It measures 38" square.

That is probably it for the smaller sizes for a bit.  I want to now focus on older kids and adults.  I have been quilting away on them lately so I hope to have more to share this week.  I just need to sew up the binding on them.

I have so many more blocks to sew up.  I have been working through some of the themes that had the most blocks.  Soon I will be getting to the more obscure blocks like pirates, princesses, and race cars.
So stay tuned!


Have a great weekend!


Follow Me on Bloglovin'                 Follow Me on Feedly



3 comments:

Helenchaffin said...

must be all the rain making all the frogs come out!🤣 Cute quilts!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

You clearly put a lot of thought into each of these quilts. So smart to group them into themes, and I am amazed that you have 43 quilts with clearly so many more to go!

Kate said...

You received some fun blocks for these quilts. All of them are bright and colorful. Hopefully the stack of blocks is getting a bit smaller.

01 09 10