Friday, December 15, 2023

Another Happy Friday

Yesterday I delivered another 15 quilts to Bags of Love.  That means a total of 37 quilts were delivered to support kids in crisis in the last 45 days!

Thanks so much for your support - I couldn't do this without you!



I am now trying to focus on some larger quilts for adults.  Jean sent me a fabric panel with farm scenes.  I was instantly inspired to put together a farm themed quilt.  The panel had one large image (which I put in the center) and four small images (located around the outside border.  



Julie gave me this buffalo plaid flannel fabric.  I decided it would be perfect for this quilt.

Quilt #44 measures 48" x 64".


I received some fun monster blocks.  I had one more piece of burgundy fleece that was long and narrow and I had 24 of these blocks so it was kismet that these two work together.



I did still add some batting to this quilt even though it had a fleece back.  The hospital I donate two generously gifted me a roll of Pellon Grab and Go batting.  It is a little lighter weight than the batting I use but it is perfect for flannel, fleece and string quilts.

Quilt #45 measures 32" x 40".


Quilt #46 was made from the big stack of wildlife blocks I have.  I think this might be the third wildlife quilt I have made.



I still had a few more yards of this cute flannel wildlife print so I went with a staggered layout.

This quilt measures 48" x 56".


I have announced the next block drive if you are interested in making some blocks.  Our focus with the new drive is to make quilts for adults.  I still have lots of Happy Blocks to make quilts for kids.



The current block drive is a log cabin variation.  

I have delivered all the compassion quilts for 2023.  My next delivery won't be until the first week of 2024.  That is a big delivery of 25 quilts to the hospital.  I think I already have enough made - I just need to sew up the binding on a few.  It feels good to be a bit ahead!

Have a wonderful weekend!




7 comments:

Kate said...

Very fun quilts. That monster one is my favorite on this post. You've done so much this year on the donation front. Congratulations!

Helenchaffin said...

Oh my goodness,they just keep getting cuter & cuter!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

How can those Happy block quilts get even cuter. . .but, they sure do!!! Great finishes and the new block drive is going to be terrific!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Congratulations for being ahead and for delivering all of the quilts for 2023. That must feel wonderful!

Jenny said...

You and your helpers have done marvelously well, congratulations!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Happy quilts, Cyndy! You always have a great way of putting them together. When I finish my split 9 patch quilt, I'd like to send it to you for Compassion Quilts. Can you use one that is 45 x 54?

Vicki W said...

Oh my gosh, that's a LOT of quilts for only 45 days! Well done to everyone!

01 09 10