Friday, December 8, 2023

Happy Quilt Friday

It is finally Friday and that means it is time to share more Happy Quilt finishes!



This fun space quilt is Happy Quilt #37.  A good friend of mine took a stack of blocks and some spaceship yardage that was gifted (sorry, she lost the tag that was attached to it) and created this quilt.



More of the spaceship fabric is on the back - isn't this print fabulous?!

This quilt measures 56" x 64".



This one is actually turned sideways because my quilt holder is short.

I received quite a few blocks that had dots and stripes in the center square, so I put a few of them together in this colorful quilt.  


I had been gifted a super thick polar fleece so I put that on the back.  It was such a nice piece of fleece; I didn't use any batting.

Quilt #38 is very snuggly and also measures 56' x 64".



Quilt #39 started with this piece of dog flannel that Lynette sent.  I loved the colors in it.



So I went to pile of dog blocks and found some blue, pink and purple ones that went with the backing.  I only had a small piece of the flannel so this quilt only measures 32" x 40".




For all you bug and beetle lovers, quilt #40 is full of crawly creatures.



Again, I used a piece of fleece for the backing.  This one was a bit thinner so I added in some batting.

This quilt measures 40 x 56".
(Why that size?  That was the size of the fleece!)




I was asked to share a few more photos of blocks for the current block drive.  Here are a few that Karen made.  They are pinned to my white design wall so they kind of blend in.  I will add this photo to the block announcement post too.  If you want to read more about the block drive, you can go here.

I still have lots more blocks to sew so I am not anywhere near completed with these quilts.  Now that I have all the blocks, I am going through each theme and seeing if there are all the pieces to put together a quilt.  I think I am just about finished with all of the fleece and flannel so I can now start using the cotton backings again.


Have a great weekend!


Follow Me on Bloglovin'                 Follow Me on Feedly


 

11 comments:

Kate said...

The space ship fabric is really cool, makes a really fun quilt. Such bright and happy blocks in all of them.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Such cute quilts! I love that blue and white spaceship print. I need to dig around in my stash and see what I have for some blocks for your block drive!

cityquilter grace said...

very happy quilts all i'd say....!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Oh, that spaceship print is awesome (I'm about to go see if I can find any online, haha). And wow, crossing over 40... amazing!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What fabulous backings. . .space ships or dogs. . .it is a toss as to which was my favorite! Beautiful fronts too. Karen's blocks are terrific!

Auntie Em said...

Question about the blocks for the current block drive....Should each block be made from the same color family (as shown in your beautiful examples), or can you mix different colors in the same block as long as you keep to the blue/green/purple color family?

Auntie Em said...

Me again. I just jumped to your original posting about the block drive, and I see you have added some new information and answered my question.

Holly in Indiana said...

Glad you liked the rocket fabric. I was helping the LQS during COVID by buying online while they were forced to close or let only a few people in at a time. I have used it and used it. I think your quilt holder has cute BOOTS, ha. I know vertical challenges.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Another great batch of quilts, Cynthia. What a wonderful selection of blocks were sent in!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Cool quilts!!!
and fun new blocks!

Bonnie said...

I love happy blocks... I found a bunch of center blocks that I suppose I cut to make for blocks for drive except I had already mailed a bunch. I'll be making another Happy Block quilt myself over the next few weeks. I always enjoy making blocks for your drives. These quilts look terrific. On to the next blocks.

01 09 10