Sunday, December 10, 2023

Oh Scrap! : Two Bit Blocks

 Happy Sunday!

This whole weekend I have been fighting a horrible head cold.  

It has certainly turned my brain to mush!



I don't do well laying around while I am sick so I got out my blue scraps and made some two-bit blocks.



I wanted to see where I was regarding blocks so I put them up on my design wall.  Originally, I was going to make a 5 x 6 layout but I think I am going to do a 60" x 70" quilt for my Compassion Quilt project.  That means I need 19 more blocks - definitely needs red, pink and purple.  And probably a few greens.  The fabrics in these blocks are all over the place.  I have been trying hard to use the "unloved" strips in my scrap bins.

What scrappy things have you been working on?


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter







10 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

So sorry that you have a rotten heard cold. Those two bit blocks and your use of scraps were what drew me to your blog. I never tire seeing two bit blocks! Feel better soon !!!!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Great scrap blocks! Please get lots of rest and fluids. Hope you feel better soon!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like those nine patch blocks in the corners it adds something different and interest! Get well

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are such fun blocks - perfect for using up all kinds of scraps! Hope you feel better each day, Cyndy. Have a good Sunday!

LA Paylor said...

they look great together! love the design and colors, the mix of textures
LeeAnna

Linda Swanekamp said...

Sorry about the head cold. My husband has had one over 2 weeks. I had to put quilting aside for a while to work on my Christmas cards as the deadline looms. I make over 100, I paint them and glue them on prefolded cardstock, so I am buried with that. I would rather be sewing, but people keep bugging me about the cards.

Helenchaffin said...

The blocks look great! I luv the term "unloved strips" I have some unluved blocks🤣

Kate said...

Sorry you've been feeling under the weather. At least it wasn't Covid, which seems to be making the rounds in my family lately. Very fun blocks, some of the fabrics are pretty wild, but it all works!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Cynthia, hope you feel better soon. I like those blocks! Take care.

QuiltGranma said...

Today a friend and I worked on a couple of 3" finished 9-patch blocks, add some thin batting and backing with a string loop and turn. They became child and cat proof (won't break!) Christmas tree ornaments. While she struggled (I'm teaching her quilt making), I pieced some lengths of fabric strips for quilt binding, then pressed it in half lengthwise. worn out now, will take a break, and then get back to something.

01 09 10