Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Another Handful of Quilts

I have another handful of quilts to share today.  
Almost all of these quilt tops were donated by one of you.
I appreciate these lovely tops so much!



This lovely pinwheel quilt top was sent in by Nann.



Elizabeth sent in this fun shoe and handbag print that looked fabulous with this top.  I did have to add a bit of red to make it large enough.

I think this quilt measures about 60 x 70".



Hoq cute is this colorful butterfly quilt top sent in by Mina.  The turquoise background was perfect for all those pink and purple butterflies.



Mina also sent in this fun striped backing.  It is hard to see but there are little ants in the white stripes.  Even though this fabric was the same width as the top, I was determined to use it.

This quilt measures about 48 x 60".



I am a sucker for homespun quilts, so I absolutely love this one sent in by McGill.  The blocks are 6" so there is a lot of tiny piecing in this one.


I didn't have any homespun fabric big enough for a backing so I used this blue and white ticking fabric donated by Nann.  I love how the quilting looks on it.

This quilt measures 48" x 60".



Karyn sent in this scrappy patchwork quilt top.  I was pleased to see it because I knew it would be perfect for a test I wanted to run.



I was given about a dozen large pieces of really soft corduroy.  I wanted to see how t quilted on my longarm.  It worked beautifully so now I can finish a bunch of tops using a nice warm corduroy on the back.  It reminds me of the quilts my grandmother made - but she ties them with red heart yarn.

This quilt measures about 40" x 48".



I think this is the last of a stack of quilt tops Joni sent in.  It is such a pretty scrappy quilt.



On the back, I was able to use this lovely pastel rose print sent in by Jean.  It matched that green border perfectly!


How about this scrappy quilt top!  Kathy made this from one of Bonnie Hunter's scrap blocks.  
I think it is fabulous!


This blue paisley was popular and sent in by about a dozen people.  I have used up most of the large pieces and now I am piecing some leftovers.  The print sure hides the seams.
It has been a winner for a bunch of quilts!

This quilt measures 48 x 72" and was quilted up by local quilter Laura - who also sewed the binding for me.  She is so wonderful!



Here is the last quilt made from the squares sent in by Jennifer.  My friend Jeanne made this quilt top during one of our sew days.



Laura also quilted and bound this one.  I think this backing was picked up from an estate sale by my "picker" Deana.

A delivery of twenty-five quilts goes to the hospital next week and I think I will take a few kids' quilts to Bags of Love and discuss when they want deliveries to help them through the holiday rush.  I think we already have about 20 quilts set aside for them.  I am hoping to make a lot more!

It finally cooled down here for a few days so I was able to get out more with the dogs.  But this week I need to buckle down and get some tops ready to go out to some longarm quilters.  I am so thankful for all of them!

More to come Friday!



 

6 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Bonnie's leader ender pattern, Triple Treat, made up great! I'm still making blocks and it's been a couple of years since that pattern was the one for the year! My grandma had a quilt with corduroy in it. . .and it was tied! I'm glad you found that it was a good backing choice.

Kate said...

Such a fun set of quilts! It's hard to pick a favorite because they are all so good.

QuiltGranma said...

I am so glad you were able to use that pastel rose print!

Chantal said...

Wonderful parade of quilts. I loved every minute of it. Bravo to all the people working, or donating fabric and time, to accomplish this. You are AWESOME!! ;^)

Anonymous said...

Funny thing — I came across my post with the making of Incense and Peppermints (as I called it) and thought I’d see if you had finished it. And you did, just this week! It looks terrific, so much better than folded up in the box o’ flimsies! Those Happy Blocks just keep the happiness coming, don’t they? !

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

That butterfly quilt is adorable!!!

01 09 10