Sunday, August 18, 2024

Oh Scrap! : Not My Scraps

I had a ball playing with scraps this week.  Only they weren't my scraps.

Marci sent me a whole bunch of string and slab blocks made from her scraps.



Here are some of the slab blocks she sent.  They measure 6.5" x 8.5".  
She definitely used some tiny pieces.



As soon as I opened up the package, I was instantly inspired to add some strips on each side of the block.  I initially thought a warm brown or even a black.  But when I looked in the stash, I came across this lovely avocado green.



I had a quilt top in no time at all!

I think I have enough blocks from Marci to make another quilt - maybe with a solid navy blue.  

I won't be able to play with the next batch any time soon.  I have a few other blocks and quilt tops that need my attention.  But this quilt sure was a fun distraction for an afternoon.

Marci sent many other configurations of scrap blocks I want to play with so stay tuned!


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter


  Follow Me on Bloglovin'                 Follow Me on Feedly

9 comments:

Kate said...

That green really works with those scrappy blocks. So glad you got to play with scraps for an afternoon.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That was such a great idea for putting those crumb blocks together! Your green sashing pulls all the different colors together. I had to look at the corners where the blocks come together, thinking that was some kind of partial seam or something, but no! It just looks complicated, lol! Love this, Cyndy - have a great Sunday!

Chantal said...

I like how she makes the slab blocks with rail fence. Must be faster to sew. The green frames the chaos beautifully. Well done, both of you! ;^)

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Is there an Olympic category for "Best Use of Scraps"? If so, I want to nominate you and your friend! Thanks for Oh Scrap every week.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

The avocado fabric was the perfect choice to pair with those lovely scrappy blocks! What a great quilt!!!

Michelle Suzanne said...

Marci’s scrap blocks are so much fun! I would have never thought about using avocado for the frames, but I really like it.

Marie said...

Great choice with the green - it works so beautifully!

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

I echo the other comments that you are a magician with those crumb blocks. I think it's so fun to see how others can work these crazy blocks into something cohesive. I love the green. I probably wouldn't have gone with green, and that's why it's a nice surprise. I have crumbs calling me but so far I'm into other things at the moment. I love your posts and this one is a gem. Now I've got to try dipping into the crumbs real soon!

Mystic Quilter said...

Such a great way to use up those bits of fabric, and I like how you've squared them off with the solid green.

01 09 10