Friday, August 2, 2024

Some Two Step Finishes

The receipt of Two-Step blocks has slowed.  We have actually done a pretty good job of keeping up with them.  I think many of them are just waiting for me to quilt them up.

Here are a few that were completed this week.



Here is Two Step Quilt #10.  I admit these all look very much the same from a distance.  But up close, you can see the details that make them unique.



On the back is another beautiful autumn leaf print sent in by Stephanie.

This quilt measures 51 x 68".



On Quilt #11, I added in a piece of a panel that was leftover from a previous quilt.  To match to panel strip, all of the blocks in this quilt are food themed.

This quilt measures 43 x 57.



This is a smaller quilt, so I was able to use some of the smaller cuts of fabric I had.  Holly and Jennifer sent in these backing fabrics.



Janet laid out the blocks for this quilt.  Her help speeds up the process for me.  She has learned how to stack them up so I can just sit at my machine and sew them up.



This quilt is also a team effort for the backing - Karen and Stephanie donated these fabrics.

Quilt #12 measures 51 x 60".

If you are planning to send in some of these Two Step blocks, if you can get them to me by mid-August, I would appreciate it.  It is hard to believe we will be announcing the next block drive the end of this month - so I would love to have these blocks all sewn up into quilt tops soon.

Have a great weekend!


3 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Those look awesome, Cyndy!! I'm hoping to dig into my Fall scraps in the coming week.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Lovely two step quilts! I like the way you used the remainder of a panel in the second one. You really do make it ALL work together. Impressive!

Kate said...

So glad you've been able to keep up with this last block drive. I'm looking forward to seeing what you are going to do for the next one.

01 09 10