Friday, August 16, 2024

Friday Finishes

Oops...I forgot to write this post before I went to bed last night.  I have been a bit busy lately...



We are up to 86 finishes from this block drive!  This one is all about cars.
Janet laid out the blocks.  We decided to make this ne a bit bigger for a tween or teen.



We put this fabulous car print sent in by Nancy on the back.  Local quilter Laura finished this one for me.  She even sewed on the binding!

This one measures 56 x 64".



We have almost cleaned up the happy block themed stacks. (There are just a big stack of odds and ends to make into I-Spy quilts.)  Quilt #87 is all sport related blocks.  We were a little shy of the blocks we needed for this quilt, so I made some four-patches for the corners.



Bikes, baseball and skateboarding - perfect backing prints for a teen.

This quilt measures 48" x 64".



This 88th quilt is all about farm animals.  My friend Jeanne sewed up this staggered layout.  I sent this one out to local quilter Cindy.



I love this checkerboard print that Karen sent in.  There are fun tiny animals in some of the black squares.  Even the binding is a farm related the print!

This quilt measures 40 x 48".



Quilt #89 is all about bees.and 40" square.  This is another one Janet laid out for me.



Janet is not a quilter but she helps me immensely.  She is always available for photos, she keeps all the fabric organized, and she will sometimes pull backing fabrics for completed quilt tops.  She is quite proud of this quilt because she actually quilted it using my longarm.

I will make a quilter out of her yet!

Oh, thanks Sherri for sewing on the binding and Debby sent in this adorable ant fabric I used on the back.  I sure got a lot of help on this one!



Mari made this cow quilt top for the 90th Happy Block quilt.  It is very cute!



I used a piece of minky I had been given a long time ago for the back.  I am not a fan of minky but they sure do make the quilt soft and cuddly. I have lots of clients that don't use batting if they use minky.  I tried it out on this quilt - I guess I am a traditionalist and just feel it needs that batting to stabilize it better.

So that is all I have to share today.  I projected 110 quilts for the Happy Block quilt drive and we are going to be close.


5 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

So many amazing quilts! I love the cow one - cute fabric. I'm sure I've asked you this before, but what size quilts do you need for Bags of Love? I unearthed some orphan blocks yesterday that could finish up into a small quilt - maybe about 36 x 40. Would that size be useful?

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What a group of finishes! I am amazed at the number of Happy Block quilts you have finished! Each finish has been so happy!!!!!

Kate said...

So many fun quilts! The cow one is just adorable! You are probably glad to be almost finished with those blocks.

MissPat said...

Three cheers for Janet. Amazing that she's starting her quilting journey by longarming a quilt. You'll get her roped into piecing one of these days. So many fun quilts to be shared.
Pat

Barwitzki said...

Oh what a shame that I don't live around the corner from you... the quilting bug has now bitten me too. It's so wonderful to work with the material.
My first two large tops are finished and I took them to the quilt shop (that takes a while, we don't have a high quilting culture here)... (I was happy that I found a quilt shop on the Internet and she's a very nice lady... all quilters are nice - isn't that possible with the beautiful things they make :-))
A hug for you.
And thank you very much, it is a great pleasure to see your beautiful work. Thanks Viola.

01 09 10