Friday, September 1, 2023

Color Stix Finishes #22 and #23

 Woo Hoo!  It's Friday and that means I have some finishes to share.

Can you believe we are up to finishes #22 and #23?!  That is amazing!  Both of today's quilts were inspired by a backing fabric I had on hand.  So that is how size and colors were determined.



I think I had to make a couple yellow blocks to finish up this pretty quilt.  Yellow blocks were pretty scarce in this block drive - I don't have a lot of yellow in my stash either.  But there have always been plenty of pretty green blocks!



This pretty floral print on the back was one that Nann sent me.  I also picked up some brown solid fabric at a garage sale just in time for this binding.

This quilt measures 54" x 72".



I loved that I received a bunch of turquoise blocks.  I think I made two or three quilts with this color.  At this point in the drive, I only had a few lime blocks to add in.



I pulled this backing out of my stash.  I have had it for probably a decade, and I am glad I finally found a home for it.  The turquoise binding was prepared and sent by Holly.

This quilt measures 63" x 72".

If you think we are nearing the end of these color stix finishes, you would be mistaken. I think I have one more shipment of blocks coming and then I can sew up the last of the quilt tops.  Plus there are still a few in the pipeline.  Hopefully I can finish them all up before the next blocks start to arrive!



Here are the blocks we are making next.  You can read more about how to make them here.

A big thanks to all that help out in so many different ways!


7 comments:

Kate said...

Both quilts turned out beautifully. There are so many colors in the first one, but you did a great job of finding a way to make them all look so cohesive.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Two wonderful finishes! It is amazing that your block drive netted so many finished quilts in the end. Each quilt truly has looked like the blocks were planned. You are a master with value!

Chantal said...

I'm with Terry on this one. "You are a master with value!" I would be so lost if I were to receive a bag of blocks like those in the first quilt. With you, they ended up playing so nicely together. Great job! ;^)

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I really like the lime blocks mixed in with the turquoise, and the backing print pulls them together perfectly, too! Seems like this was a popular block and I'm curious to see how many quilts you end up making this time.

MissPat said...

The turqouise quilt was a perfect match for that backing. It was just waiting for the right quilt to come along. I've got 20 novelty center pulled for the next block drive. Just need to match up the outer border colors. I love doing happy blocks.
Pat

Julie in GA said...

Your ColorStix quilts have all been so wonderful! I love the way you coordinate the blocks in the top with your backing fabric. The turquoise and lime one is a favorite of mine, but I always love turquoise!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Love your Color Stix!!! So simple yet stunning!!!

01 09 10