Sunday, September 3, 2023

Oh Scrap! : From the Stash

 I didn't spend a lot of time sewing scraps this week but I did start a new quilt from some of the fabric donated for Compassion Quilts.

I was organizing some of the fabric and I saw a trend of prints with roses.  So I gathered them all up and decided to make a quilt (or two) from them.



From two shades of pink, I cut some 1.5", 2.5" and 3.5" strips.

I was also given a panel of rose and magnolia flowers so I cut those out.



My plan is to sew the strips to the sides of the panel pieces and make all different sized and shaped blocks.  How I am going to sew them all together, I haven't quite figured out.  

Something will come to me soon!

What scrappy fun have you had this week?


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter




Fat Quarter Shop is having a Labor Day Sale.  Check it out!!



10 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are going to be pretty! You're so good at coming up with designs from donated fabric and making beautiful quilts from them. Can't wait to see what these flower blocks turn into! Have a great Sunday, Cyndy!

Chantal said...

Great flower prints. You will find a great way to add these to the panel. Enjoy the dithering. ;^)

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Oh what pretty blooms in fabric! This one is going to be lovely, Cynthia.

LA Paylor said...

pretty!

how's Artie?
LeeAnna

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Great idea to put these fabrics together! This will be a pretty quilt.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Perfect pinks to pair with the panels. It looks like fun sewing!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What a terrific you plan you have to use the flower fabric and flower panel. Someone is going to love the quilt you create! Today, I worked on piecing a couple cradle quilts. . .the inspiration came from an orphan block and bits from the parts department!

Kate said...

Very pretty blocks. The colors are prefect too. Excited to see how those blocks come together.

Bonnie said...

Looks like you have a great start on another quilt.

swooze said...

What a great idea I like the opposite look of the block.

01 09 10