Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Color Stix Finishes #24 and #25

 Sometimes in a block drive, I receive some blocks with novelty fabric in them.  Depending on the quilts I am making, some fit in and some don't.  So usually toward the end of the drive, I put them together in a quilt and make a child's quilt.

This block drive I felt I had enough to make two quilts.



The reason I decided to make two quilts was I felt the blocs gave out two different vibes.  This one is a bit more animal themed - with frogs, ducks, turtles and monkeys.  The color green also seemed a bit more dominate.


I dug out a green backing from my stash and added in some other fabric bits to make it large enough.  A green binding framed it up nicely.



This one also has animals but the blocks were mostly blue.  I added in some striped blocks and some pink because I liked how it looked.



These quilts are smaller than normal, so I was able to use up a bunch of blue trimmings from previous backings.  I don't always take the time to piece backings this much but I liked how this one turned out.

Both of these quilts measure 45" x 54".

I think I received the last of the blocks for this drive in the mail yesterday so I need to see what I can make from the remaining blocks.  Not sure if I will reach 30 quilts but we are going to come darn close!


5 comments:

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

I love both of these quilts! All the novelty fabrics are great. I also love the stripes in the 2nd quilt. I recognize one specific block that I sent you there. It's got the yellow and black zigzag fabric. I refer to that fabric as the Charlie Brown fabric because of the shirt he wears. So it's even more novelty! Great job and getting to 28, 29 or 30 doesn't really matter because you totally blew this request out of the park!!! XOXO

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What fun fabrics in these two quilts! I like how you made them into two different quilts. . .a blue one and a green one! I will see you tomorrow. . .can't wait!

Kate said...

Both quilts are fun, but the blue one is my favorite. I'll bet you'll be happy to see the end of these blocks and have a bit of time to play with your own projects.

Cindy B said...

I have so enjoyed seeing all the blocks you have received and how you put them together. What fun! Plus great ideas we can all use in our own quilting. Thank you for inviting us to be a part of Compassion Quilts.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Wow, getting even close to 30 quilts from the block drive is impressive; and a whole lot of quilting work for 3 months!!

01 09 10