Friday, September 8, 2023

Color Stix Finishes #26 and #27

 These color Stix quilts just keep on coming!

But I will say we are nearing the end - which is good because the Happy Blocks for the next drive are already arriving!



These bright colored quilts always remind me of Lifesavers candies.  

The colors in this quilt were inspired by the backing.  Plus, I had an abundance of orange and green blocks.  I think I had to make a couple of the yellow ones.


The floral fabric was the inspiration.  At this point in most drives, I am trying to use some of the smaller yardages for the backing.

This quilt measures 54" x 63".



I was surprised I had just the right number of blocks to pull off quilt number 27.  I really like how this one turned out.



There is a wonderful story behind the backing fabric on this one.  I walk my dog a couple times a day throughout the neighborhood, so I am always passing garage sales.  One I stopped by had a bunch of fabric.  I had a whole seven dollars in my pocket but I still walked away with about 10 yards of fabric.  I told the woman what I was using the fabric for.  A few days later, the woman tracked down where I lived and brought me a trunkful of larger cuts and a bunch of solid fabric cuts.  This extra wide backing was one of the fabrics.  I am constantly humbled by how generous quilters are!

This quilt also measures 54 x 63.



If you would like to participate in the current block drive, the instructions for making the Happy Blocks are linked here.

I appreciate the support!



8 comments:

Kate said...

Both quilts are so colorful! It's been fun to see how you combine all the different colors into so many scrappy quilts.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love those big bright colorful blocks in this quilt

Chantal said...

I love #26. It made me think of Lifesavers too. But to finish a block drive with a rainbow is just AWEsome! Kudos to you! The lady who brought you the fabric was the payback for all the amazing work for others. What goes around, comes around. ;^)

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I can definitely see Life Savers for the first quilt, and the rainbow order of the second really brought me joy. But getting so much fabric from a yard sale and then as a generous follow up donation? That's magical!

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

A rainbow!!?? How fabulous that one turned out to be...a full color beauty. Well done, well done!!

Anonymous said...

So simple and such saturated color. That’s what I love about this block, and this entire series of Color Stix quilts. Each one makes SMILE. —Laura H.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Both quilts are rainbows. . .so bright and happy! What a terrific gift. . .You won't run out of "scraps: any time soon!!!

Kat said...

That rainbow quilt is a stunner! I'm so glad that lady gifted you with the yardage, how generous!

01 09 10